BFriedl

Default Phone line static problem.

There should be a customer access box at the point of demarcation if you
are in the US. This is what seperates "your wiring" from "their wiring."
Perhaps this is true for other countries as well? Anyways, when you get
static, go to the access box and plug a phone in there. If static
remains, then there is nothing you can do but call the telco because it
is on their side. If it is gone, then you know the problem is in the
building and can be difficult to diagonse.

--
BFriedl
A+ Certified Technician
******* Go Cats! *******Terry Donadlson wrote:

Phone line is very staticy. It has a lot of hiss and popping noise. Making
conversions are impossible. The phone company had fix the box on the light
pole so many times and it still comes back time after time. When the phone
company repair-person arrives to check the box the static is gone, so he
leaves. Minutes after he leaves it comes back. I am put into a waiting list
again. Sometime I see protuding phone wires from the wall and find that they
had been shorted together for days. I fixed that. Sometimes it dials 911 for
no reason. What shoud I do next?