Dave Plowman

Default Phone line run near power cable

In article ,
wrote:
A few weeks ago I asked if I would get interference from the power
cables (5) if I laid my ext phone lines along side them.
I have been using the phone/s for a couple of weeks and no
interference.The run, along the cables.is approx 9 mts (29feet) .
Just thought you would like to know.
Thanks again for your help.

I found a run of less than this completely zapped my modem when a light
dimmer was in use. You couldn't really hear much wrong on the phone,
though.

--
*What boots up must come down *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn
Witchy

On Mon, 13 Oct 2003 00:44:46 +0100, Dave Plowman
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:
A few weeks ago I asked if I would get interference from the power
cables (5) if I laid my ext phone lines along side them.
I have been using the phone/s for a couple of weeks and no
interference.The run, along the cables.is approx 9 mts (29feet) .
Just thought you would like to know.
Thanks again for your help.

I found a run of less than this completely zapped my modem when a light
dimmer was in use. You couldn't really hear much wrong on the phone,
though.

Good job we don't have any dimmers - the cable that runs my DSL router
and modem (for faxing) is in the same channel as the light and power
rings! It's also the only cable I've managed to put a nail through.
Twice.

cheers

witchy/binarydinosaurs

Supplying Power to a Garden Garage Frank UK diy 2 October 7th 03 02:37 PM
power flushing Andy Hall UK diy 4 September 9th 03 11:59 PM
Shower electrical cable Jeff UK diy 1 August 13th 03 04:44 PM
Cable - pricing up NorwichLad UK diy 3 July 25th 03 12:59 PM
Routeing Electrical FTE cable pickerel UK diy 3 July 24th 03 12:43 AM