Doug

Default Phone line static problem.

Terry Donadlson wrote:

"BFriedl"
Phone line is very staticy.

There should be a customer access box at the point of demarcation if you
are in the US. This is what seperates "your wiring" from "their wiring."
Perhaps this is true for other countries as well? Anyways, when you get
static, go to the access box and plug a phone in there. If static
remains, then there is nothing you can do but call the telco because it
is on their side. If it is gone, then you know the problem is in the
building and can be difficult to diagonse.

Okay, I went out and tried your suggestion. You're right, it's on their
side.

Also have you tried different phone/wire combinations. I have a phone where
the satic is caused at the connection between phone and wire.