Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default We may have Color TV within another decade.

Since the beginning of television, people have dreamed about seeing a
color image on their picture tube. Scientists and engineers have been
working on this for years, and it appears that in another decade or so,
we may begin seeing COLOR TV. Until then, there are some colored
cellophane filters that can be taped to the front of the screen on any
black and white tv, which makes the picture appear colored, but it's not
actual matched color.

Personally, I have watched black and white television for so many years,
that I will probably have a difficult time getting used to watching it
in color, but the concept is appealing and fascinating. Yet, it's hard
to imagine that the actual colors of images can be reproduced in
life-like color at the speed that images are traced onto our picture
tubes. I guess time will tell !!!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

And stereophonic sound ! Two actual separate channels !

Stay away from all that **** though or else cars will be running this rickety software called Windows and people will be able to hack into your brakes and steering via your tracking device. (that has actually happened)

Eventually they will send a rocket to the moon, and then later forget how to build rockets. They will build things that simply cannot be fixed at any price.

So stick with Madman Muntz and drive that Model T Ford. And that Philco radio on the kitchen table is enough for anybody.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tuesday, October 25, 2016 at 4:53:08 PM UTC-4, wrote:
And stereophonic sound ! Two actual separate channels !

Stay away from all that **** though or else cars will be running this rickety software called Windows and people will be able to hack into your brakes and steering via your tracking device. (that has actually happened)

Eventually they will send a rocket to the moon, and then later forget how to build rockets. They will build things that simply cannot be fixed at any price.

So stick with Madman Muntz and drive that Model T Ford. And that Philco radio on the kitchen table is enough for anybody.

Still playing that Tired Tune, eh? I guess from here on out, we are going to have to start calling you "Cassandra".

It is knowledge that is never developed that is often deadlier than what is supposedly forgotten. Nor were the Luddites much more than an historical footnote.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA
Posted to sci.electronics.repair
MJC MJC is offline

In article ,
says...

... Nor were the Luddites much more than an historical footnote.

I suppose all saboteurs could be called a footnote :-)

Mike.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 11:50:33 AM UTC-4, MJC wrote:

I suppose all saboteurs could be called a footnote :-)

At least they got a name.

Peter Wieck
Melrose Park, PA

I am not a member of any organized political party. I am a Democrat.

Will Rogers

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 Oct 2016 13:00:30 -0700 (PDT), "
wrote:

On Wednesday, October 26, 2016 at 11:50:33 AM UTC-4, MJC wrote:

I suppose all saboteurs could be called a footnote :-)

Hey MJC, I just got your joke. Good one.
Eric