Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] granpa78@dontask.com is offline

Default We may have Color TV within another decade.

Since the beginning of television, people have dreamed about seeing a
color image on their picture tube. Scientists and engineers have been
working on this for years, and it appears that in another decade or so,
we may begin seeing COLOR TV. Until then, there are some colored
cellophane filters that can be taped to the front of the screen on any
black and white tv, which makes the picture appear colored, but it's not
actual matched color.

Personally, I have watched black and white television for so many years,
that I will probably have a difficult time getting used to watching it
in color, but the concept is appealing and fascinating. Yet, it's hard
to imagine that the actual colors of images can be reproduced in
life-like color at the speed that images are traced onto our picture
tubes. I guess time will tell !!!