Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Default Looking for component test clips

I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the
little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is inserted.
It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component leads of
any size and spacing.

I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost
have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to find
anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know what
to search for.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

Thanks!
Dave M

Dave M

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 5:52:19 PM UTC-7, Dave M wrote:
I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the
little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is inserted.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

Every solderless breadboard has dozens of 'em. The
four-wide size is typical of onesies, like this

http://www.digikey.com/product-detail/en/3m/923297-I/3M155886-ND/664637

but you'll have to customize the plastic bit to make a slot.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Dave M" wrote in message

I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's
the little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is
inserted. It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component
leads of any size and spacing.

I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost
have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to
find anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know
what to search for.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

I think this may be what you are looking for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-EACH-GRAYH...AOSwR5dXR2s ~

A search on eBay for "Grayhill Test Clip" comes up with a few more, but very
pricey:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...lip&_sacat =0

I think I have a bunch of them somewhere. They might be attached to banana
plugs. I'll see if I can find them.

Here is the Grayhill catalog page showing various types and sizes:

http://www.grayhill.com/assets/1/7/test_clips_term.pdf

If you are looking for the spring clips behind slots on LCR meters, perhaps
you can use one of those prototype plug-boards.

Paul

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

Hi Dave,

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

Do you look about textool?

Marte

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

On 07-Oct-16 8:52 AM, Dave M wrote:
I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the
little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is inserted.
It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component leads of
any size and spacing.

I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost
have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to find
anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know what
to search for.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

Thanks!
Dave M

Dave M

I've got no idea but maybe these guys may be able to help:

http://www.lairdtech.com/product-categories/emi-shields-gaskets/fingerstock-spring-contacts

http://kgs-ind.com/products/emc/grounding/on-board-contacts/

Someone posed a link to another supplier in the last month or so but I
can't spot it.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 8:52:19 PM UTC-4, Dave M wrote:

In so many words: Spring clip Leads.

http://www.alliedelec.com/pomona-ele...DHUhoCGIjw_wcB

These?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, October 6, 2016 at 8:52:19 PM UTC-4, Dave M wrote:
I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the
little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is inserted.
It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component leads of
any size and spacing.

I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost
have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to find
anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know what
to search for.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

Thanks!
Dave M

Dave M

A picture of what you want would help.

George H.
Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

OK, I found what I'm looking for. Someone mentioned that the solderless
breadboards use that type of clips. I found one in a drawer of old
odds-n-ends, took it apart and there they were!! There are a handful of
them in one of the breadboards; more than I need, but now I know where
to find more if I need them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

Dave M

On Thu, 6 Oct 2016 19:52:10 -0500, "Dave M"
wrote:

I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's the
little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is inserted.
It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component leads of
any size and spacing.

I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost
have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to find
anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know what
to search for.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

Thanks!
Dave M

Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair

"Dave M" wrote in message

OK, I found what I'm looking for. Someone mentioned that the solderless
breadboards use that type of clips. I found one in a drawer of old
odds-n-ends, took it apart and there they were!! There are a handful of
them in one of the breadboards; more than I need, but now I know where to
find more if I need them.

Thanks for the suggestion.

You're welcome!

Paul

screw through clips: u clips, spire clips? Stephen[_19_] UK diy 38 October 15th 16 10:30 AM
Test meter croc clips David UK diy 5 April 2nd 15 11:50 AM
'U'U clips, spire clips/nuts, what is max thickness of flange they fit over? MM UK diy 31 February 14th 15 09:20 AM
AFCI test rig and test design Robert Green Home Repair 16 July 18th 13 08:12 AM
STEREO-AUDIO-VISUAL-TV REPAIR-troubleshoot to component level-test-replace-walk in or mail order-REASONABLE RATES duty-honor-country Electronics Repair 1 May 15th 07 07:41 PM