Posted to sci.electronics.design,sci.electronics.repair
P E Schoen P E Schoen is offline

Default Looking for component test clips

"Dave M" wrote in message

I'm looking for a few (about a dozen) of the little connectors like those
that are typically found on the small Chinese capacitor checkers. It's
the little slotted connectors into which the capacitor being tested is
inserted. It's a metal clip about half an inch wide, and accepts component
leads of any size and spacing.

I've searched Mouser & Digikey online catalogs, but no luck. You almost
have to know the exact nomenclature of the thing you're looking for to
find anything using their web catalog searches, and obviously I don't know
what to search for.

Anybody know what they're called, and/or where to buy them?

I think this may be what you are looking for:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-EACH-GRAYH...AOSwR5dXR2s ~

A search on eBay for "Grayhill Test Clip" comes up with a few more, but very
pricey:

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw...lip&_sacat =0

I think I have a bunch of them somewhere. They might be attached to banana
plugs. I'll see if I can find them.

Here is the Grayhill catalog page showing various types and sizes:

http://www.grayhill.com/assets/1/7/test_clips_term.pdf

If you are looking for the spring clips behind slots on LCR meters, perhaps
you can use one of those prototype plug-boards.

Paul