Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dumont 1062 scope

I recently picked up a Dumont scope type 2559a serial # 1252
Looks really cool and the thing weighs like 100 lbs.
Anyway I was playing with it over the holidays and it seems to be reading vertically on the screen instead of horizontally like a normal scope. Anyone ever heard of or seen that before? Any ideas?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
I recently picked up a Dumont scope type 2559a serial # 1252
Looks really cool and the thing weighs like 100 lbs.
Anyway I was playing with it over the holidays and it seems to be reading
vertically on the screen instead of horizontally like a normal scope.
Anyone ever heard of or seen that before? Any ideas?

There's a manual on ebay for pretty cheap.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cathode-Ray-...AOSwBLlVJzT d

This is a late 1950's scope so most that ever used one have forgotten about
them.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Just because you have something to say doesn't mean you should reply to a
17 year old thread, even if it was resurrected last year.

If you have something to say, say it, don't reply to a really old post.

This was isn't even the same model as someone was asking about before. "

I totally agree. Google should show this tip when people get on it to access Usenet. Reason ? Others might have to wade through hundreds of posts to get to the meat of things. And as you said, the thread title does not even mention the necromancer's model number. How is anyone else going to find it ?

I hope all the Googlesters read this and get with it but they won't. Even if they do, more will come.

Actually I was here for the OP, but under a different domain and did not comment. Actually some old scopes did have a switch to interpolate X with Y. Rare, but I saw them. You could also do that with a bunch of Teks that used plugins, I have done it on the 7000 series just for fun.

Anyway, in this case I think there is no horizontal sweep and seeing the vertical witho9ut that gives the impression it is turned. Really, how the hell would that happen ?

The way to tell is with the position controls. What happens when you turn those ?