Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dumont 1062 scope

On Tue, 5 Jan 2016, wrote:

I recently picked up a Dumont scope type 2559a serial # 1252
Looks really cool and the thing weighs like 100 lbs.
Anyway I was playing with it over the holidays and it seems to be reading vertically on the screen instead of horizontally like a normal scope. Anyone ever heard of or seen that before? Any ideas?

Just because you have something to say doesn't mean you should reply to a
17 year old thread, even if it was resurrected last year.

If you have something to say, say it, don't reply to a really old post.

This was isn't even the same model as someone was asking about before.

Take it out of the case, it will likely be a lot lighter (though more
dangerous), that was the case with my first scope I got in 1972 at a ham
club auction for five dollars, barely able to cover audio frequencies and
no triggered sweep, it was a cheap way to play with an oscilliscope.

When I got something better, a friend took it, getting it home on the bus.
I can't believe it.

Michael