Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Dumont 1062 scope

On Friday, May 1, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Paul Degneau wrote:
I have a Dumont model 1062 oscilloscope that I bought recently at a swap
fest. The previous owner had no manuals or anything for the scope, I
managed to rig a power cord and get probes for it, but I would like to get
the manuals for it. If anyone knows where I can get the user/service
manuals for this scope please reply to the group or email me.

Also this scope seems to have a vertical and/or preamp problem. Channel 1
is slightly fuzzy but seems to be accurate, channel 2 is very clear but the
vertical size of a trace varies depending on were it is vertically on the
screen. If anyone knows what may be wrong I would appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Paul Degneau

I purchased the same scope again with no manuals. I know it works, I just can't set it up to get a reading on anything. Searching the web now. I would appreciate any advise. Anybody feel free to email me or send any helpful links.

thanks
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sun, 10 May 2015 09:23:18 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

On Friday, May 1, 1998 at 2:00:00 AM UTC-5, Paul Degneau wrote:
I have a Dumont model 1062 oscilloscope that I bought recently at a swap
fest. The previous owner had no manuals or anything for the scope, I
managed to rig a power cord and get probes for it, but I would like to get
the manuals for it. If anyone knows where I can get the user/service
manuals for this scope please reply to the group or email me.

Also this scope seems to have a vertical and/or preamp problem. Channel 1
is slightly fuzzy but seems to be accurate, channel 2 is very clear but the
vertical size of a trace varies depending on were it is vertically on the
screen. If anyone knows what may be wrong I would appreciate any info.

Thanks,
Paul Degneau

I purchased the same scope again with no manuals.

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting
different results".
Albert Einstein

I know it works,

How do you know it works? Can you see a trace? Can you see anything
on the screen? Is it a line, blob, or a smear? Does the beam finder
work? Or do you know it works because the guy who sold it to you told
you that it works? Caveat Emptor.

Here's a photo:
https://static.kupindoslike.com/Osciloskop-Dumont-1062-dvokanalni-20-Mhz_slika_O_3315401.jpg

I just can't set it up to get a reading on anything.

What do you mean by "reading"? I believe the correct term is that you
can't see a trace or waveform display.

Searching the web now. I would appreciate any advise. Anybody feel
free to email me or send any helpful links.

Well, I can't offer any suggestions unless you disclose what you're
seeing on the screen. We can then precede from there.

Hint: Anything that old is going to have problems with "dry"
electrolytic capacitors. Have they been tested with an ESR meter or
hopefully replaced?

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
says...

[...]

i good one of those scopes, I was just moving it today actually trying
to clean up the shop with very little luck I may add.

The last time I used that one I know it worked but I had to repair it
once. The HV multiplier failed and there was no parts for it so I used a
ECG replacement HV multiplier for TVs, wrapped it with foil and jammed
it in there It works, I can't say that it has caused any side
effects..

I suppose if some one was willing to pay the shipping I could let it go

Jamie