Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what would you recommend?
I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 12/10/2015 05:48 PM, wrote:
Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 12/10/2015 03:43 PM,
wrote:
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great,
but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you
have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse
environment, what would you recommend? I remember I was watching
Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah,
that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce,
tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper
and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less
"trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke,
right?

Depends on how big your belly is. If I lean forward just a little, I
don't get any food on my clothes regardless of how messy it is. Maybe
twirling spaghetti, but french fries? Seriously?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

Well, I'm not an American, though I've lived here for a day or two.

And fries with ketchup is a lot less messy than spaghetti with red
sauce, unless your gut is so large that you don't have a lap.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:43:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are
great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day.

Wear a bib:
https://www.google.com/search?q=adult+bib&tbm=isch
Form follows function.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Terrell wrote: "
wrote:

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill. "

Holy horse-feathers we're lighting that candle from
opposite ends: I positively DRINK the stuff, LOL!
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Terrell wrote: "- show quoted text -
Good. Buy it buy the gallon, and guzzle it. I had to use white vinegar
to clean a wound last year. Nine months in Wound Care. It was all I
could do to wipe away the dead skin, while holding my breath. "

Wait.. what?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

2:36 PM Michael Terrell wrote:
What part don't you understand? Telling you to drink the stuff, or being
in wound care for some deep ulcerated wounds on my leg? "

I interpreted the second part as: consuming ketchup
landed you in the hospital, and I was quizzical as to
how that could have happened. LOL

The leg wound part cleared things up. Guess
you just have an aversion to vinegar, in any
form.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Terrell:

Horrors! I apologize for not
appreciating how serious your
allergy really is. I have a
likewise averse reaction to
simple house dust, due to
circumstances during my youth
I'd rather not go into. Simply
put, one speck of dust, one
stray hair, and I'm down and
out!

recommend lunch with contractor(s)? [email protected] Metalworking 3 December 11th 15 06:59 PM
A's lunch polygonum UK diy 5 April 14th 14 08:20 AM
Unlucky lunch eastender[_4_] UK diy 12 March 19th 13 12:57 PM
Old wooden lunch box Sonnich Jensen Woodworking 2 October 15th 12 03:39 PM
How I spent my lunch hour Stupendous Man Metalworking 5 May 16th 08 01:56 AM