DIYbanter

DIYbanter (https://www.diybanter.com/)
-   -   recommend lunch with contractor(s)? (https://www.diybanter.com/electronics-repair/387908-recommend-lunch-contractor-s.html)

[email protected] December 10th 15 08:43 PM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what would you recommend?
I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?

Phil Hobbs December 10th 15 09:55 PM

On 12/10/2015 03:43 PM, wrote:
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great,
but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you
have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse
environment, what would you recommend? I remember I was watching
Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah,
that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce,
tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper
and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less
"trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke,
right?

Depends on how big your belly is. If I lean forward just a little, I
don't get any food on my clothes regardless of how messy it is. Maybe
twirling spaghetti, but french fries? Seriously?

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

--
Dr Philip C D Hobbs
Principal Consultant

160 North State Road #203
Briarcliff Manor NY 10510

hobbs at electrooptical dot net
http://electrooptical.net

[email protected] December 10th 15 10:48 PM

Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 12/10/2015 03:43 PM, wrote:
[...]

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

---
news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Phil Hobbs December 11th 15 12:14 AM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

On 12/10/2015 05:48 PM, wrote:
Phil Hobbs wrote:
On 12/10/2015 03:43 PM,
wrote:
[...]

Well, I'm not an American, though I've lived here for a day or two.

And fries with ketchup is a lot less messy than spaghetti with red
sauce, unless your gut is so large that you don't have a lap.

Cheers

Phil Hobbs

Jeff Liebermann December 11th 15 12:17 AM

On Thu, 10 Dec 2015 12:43:26 -0800 (PST), wrote:

I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are
great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day.

Wear a bib:
https://www.google.com/search?q=adult+bib&tbm=isch
Form follows function.

--
Jeff Liebermann

150 Felker St #D
http://www.LearnByDestroying.com
Santa Cruz CA 95060 http://802.11junk.com
Skype: JeffLiebermann AE6KS 831-336-2558

Cydrome Leader December 11th 15 12:52 AM

wrote:
I guess bar-b-que, burgers, fried chicken and french fries are great, but not if you are wearing a buttoned-up shirt that day. So, if you have to eat lunch with a client and other contractors in a diverse environment, what would you recommend?
I remember I was watching Seinfeld and somebody ordered chicken or tuna fish salad. Yeah, that's something I could agree with... especially with lettuce, tomato, mayonnaise on well-done toast, with plenty of black pepper and a pickle slice and a cup of coffee. That would seem less "trashier" than slobbering over friend chicken, bar-b-que and coke, right?

If your are known for anything "good"?

Had one repair guy drive from Michican to Chicago for a single service
call. He seemed keen on getting an Italian Beef (It's a Chicago-area
sandwich nobody outside the area can get right for some reason). He just
wanted to know what place to try.

It's something I take for granted, but they're a big deal for visitors.

Michael A. Terrell December 12th 15 07:31 PM

wrote:

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill.

[email protected] December 15th 15 04:42 PM

Michael Terrell wrote: "
wrote:

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill. "

Holy horse-feathers we're lighting that candle from
opposite ends: I positively DRINK the stuff, LOL!

Jeff Liebermann December 15th 15 05:34 PM

recommend lunch with contractor(s)?

On Tue, 15 Dec 2015 08:42:08 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

Michael Terrell wrote: "
wrote:
How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill. "

Make your own vinegar-less ketchup:
https://maggankruger.wordpress.com/2007/10/19/vinegar-less-homemade-ketchup/
I've never tried it but it looks interesting.

Michael A. Terrell December 15th 15 07:22 PM

wrote:

Michael Terrell wrote: "
wrote:

How unAmerican that you do not smother your fries in ketchup! lol

I can't stand ketchup in or on anything, because of the vinegar in
it. Eat it if you want to, but keep that garbage away from me. It makes
me violently ill.

Holy horse-feathers we're lighting that candle from
opposite ends: I positively DRINK the stuff, LOL!

Good. Buy it buy the gallon, and guzzle it. I had to use white vinegar
to clean a wound last year. Nine months in Wound Care. It was all I
could do to wipe away the dead skin, while holding my breath.