Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Need Transistor Substitute for Wine Fridge

I am trying to fix a wine fridge. Avanti wine cooler EWC1201. "Thermoelectric Cooling System".

http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/424

Looks like a transistor is fried. Odd part number of

3DD13005MD

Apparently it is a part from China. I can buy in 10,000 quantity.

http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...-O-HF-N-B.html

Ic 4A
Vceo 400V
Pc(TO-220) 75W

NPN. It looks like it has a diode across it which I could always add externally.

I cannot find any cross reference for it. Does anyone have a generic substitution suggestion - even if I have to add that diode myself?

I came across:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...268-ND/2827113

This one is 65W. Has the diode. 10 Watts less concerns me.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The Hammer wrote:

I am trying to fix a wine fridge. Avanti wine cooler EWC1201.
"Thermoelectric Cooling System".

http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/424

Looks like a transistor is fried. Odd part number of

3DD13005MD

Just wondering, could it be a replacement for an MJE13005? I think that's a
darlington.

Jon
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"The Hammer" wrote in message
I am trying to fix a wine fridge. Avanti wine cooler EWC1201.
"Thermoelectric Cooling System".

http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/424

Looks like a transistor is fried. Odd part number of

3DD13005MD

Apparently it is a part from China. I can buy in 10,000 quantity.

http://www.alldatasheet.com/datashee...-O-HF-N-B.html

Ic 4A
Vceo 400V
Pc(TO-220) 75W

NPN. It looks like it has a diode across it which I could always add
externally.

I cannot find any cross reference for it. Does anyone have a generic
substitution suggestion - even if I have to add that diode myself?

I came across:

http://www.digikey.com/product-detai...268-ND/2827113

This one is 65W. Has the diode. 10 Watts less concerns me.

You could probably liberate one from (at least) 20W CFL, but the Ic rating
might not be quite there.

The MJE13007 is rated 8A - if its a half bridge circuit (2 transistors) you
should replace them both anyway.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Looks like the BUL38D is a close match to your transistor. Mouser has
plenty in stock
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...EGR% 2fnKk%3d

Cheers,
Dave M

Jon Elson wrote:
The Hammer wrote:

I am trying to fix a wine fridge. Avanti wine cooler EWC1201.
"Thermoelectric Cooling System".

http://www.avantiproducts.com/products/id/424

Looks like a transistor is fried. Odd part number of

3DD13005MD

Just wondering, could it be a replacement for an MJE13005? I think
that's a darlington.

Jon

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, November 5, 2015 at 5:43:01 PM UTC-5, Dave M wrote:
Looks like the BUL38D is a close match to your transistor. Mouser has
plenty in stock
http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/...EGR% 2fnKk%3d

Cheers,
Dave M

Dave, that looks like a perfect replacement! Thanks.

Larry