John KB5AG

Default replacing CCFT on NEC 400v LCD monitor

Hello, all. I got two of these neat LCD monitors, both of which have a
picture but absolutely no light.

After COMPLETELY disassembling them, I find the CCFT backlights are bad.
The power supply is putting out around 500v, so it seems okay. The lamps
just fell apart when I touched them, breaking at a darkened point near one
of the electrodes.

I found some CCFT lights from Alltronics.com which are the right size and
look like they might be a good choice, but I really know nothing about them.
Is there a better source, are there major differences in light output and
life among different brands, etc?
Any tips would be appreciated.

John

Jerry G.

If NEC will not sell you the original parts, you should try what you can
get. Maybe they will work.

Did you try to go to NEC first???

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"John KB5AG" wrote in message
. com...
Hello, all. I got two of these neat LCD monitors, both of which have a
picture but absolutely no light.

After COMPLETELY disassembling them, I find the CCFT backlights are bad.
The power supply is putting out around 500v, so it seems okay. The
lamps
just fell apart when I touched them, breaking at a darkened point near
one
of the electrodes.

I found some CCFT lights from Alltronics.com which are the right size
and
look like they might be a good choice, but I really know nothing about
them.
Is there a better source, are there major differences in light output
and
life among different brands, etc?
Any tips would be appreciated.

John

john KB5AG

Hi, Jerry. I have been all over the NEC website but I haven't had any luck
finding parts.

A google search revealed a company called JKL components that makes them,
and both Mouser Electronics and Digi-Key sell them. They seem to be
considerably brighter than the one I was considering from Alltronics, and
they're not bad in price, around $10-$12 each. I think I'll try to fix one
monitor and if I have luck, will go for the other.
Thanks!

John

. com...