Jerry G.

Default replacing CCFT on NEC 400v LCD monitor

If NEC will not sell you the original parts, you should try what you can
get. Maybe they will work.

Did you try to go to NEC first???

--

Greetings,

Jerry Greenberg GLG Technologies GLG
WebPage http://www.zoom-one.com
Instruments http://www.zoom-one.com/glgtech.htm
"John KB5AG" wrote in message
. com...
Hello, all. I got two of these neat LCD monitors, both of which have a
picture but absolutely no light.

After COMPLETELY disassembling them, I find the CCFT backlights are bad.
The power supply is putting out around 500v, so it seems okay. The
lamps
just fell apart when I touched them, breaking at a darkened point near
one
of the electrodes.

I found some CCFT lights from Alltronics.com which are the right size
and
look like they might be a good choice, but I really know nothing about
them.
Is there a better source, are there major differences in light output
and
life among different brands, etc?
Any tips would be appreciated.

John