Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Samsung Smart TV Boot Information?

Am trying to research Samsung Smart TV Boot sequence but to date have not found anything relevant or even a forum discussing this.

Did find "Smart TV Hacking" http://delaat.net/rp/2012-2013/p39/report.pdf
but since I do not have any experience do not know how relevant it is.

Also while I have had some experience with PCs and Post Error Codes do not know how much this transfers to Samsung Smart TVs?

Am interested in any comments or suggestions.

Thanks

Ken
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 2 Oct 2014 13:42:43 -0700 (PDT), KenO
wrote:

Am trying to research Samsung Smart TV Boot sequence but to date have not found anything relevant or even a forum discussing this.

Did find "Smart TV Hacking" http://delaat.net/rp/2012-2013/p39/report.pdf
but since I do not have any experience do not know how relevant it is.

Also while I have had some experience with PCs and Post Error Codes do not know how much this transfers to Samsung Smart TVs?

Am interested in any comments or suggestions.

Thanks

Ken

You didn't really ask a question so it's hard to make a suggestion. I
have two Samsung Smart TV's. Like most modern appliances, they have a
comuter at their heart and therefore it boots. What problem are you
trying to solve or what are you trying to do? With PCs, the boot
sequence determines whether to boot from the hard drive, the DVD
drive, the network, a floppy, or whatever. Is that what you mean by
boot sequence? Or, are you asking about what the boot process does?
For example, self test, then load application, then decide what to
display at start, etc?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Pat,

Will try to be more clear concerning my problem.

I have a Samsung Smart TV that does not display a screen when turn it on.

At first thought it was a problem with the power supply but when tested was OK.

Power On can be accomplished either by the set or remote.

Tried to check PC, and Video & Audio inputs but have been unable to determine how to switch to these options.

As result do not know if the problem is hardware or software?

Yes I was trying to get info on the boot process.

Did find out the OS is Linux so hope standard Linux test/repair apps can be used.

"are you asking about what the boot process does? For example, self test, then load application, then decide what to display at start, etc?"

Yes am interested in everything you mentioned.

Also have you found a Samsung Smart TV forum?

Thanks

Ken

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenO View Post
Am trying to research Samsung Smart TV Boot sequence but to date have not found anything relevant or even a forum discussing this.

Did find "Smart TV Hacking" http://delaat.net/rp/2012-2013/p39/report.pdf
but since I do not have any experience do not know how relevant it is.

Also while I have had some experience with PCs and Post Error Codes do not know how much this transfers to Samsung Smart TVs?

Am interested in any comments or suggestions.

Thanks

Ken
Why not you search on their official website or read product manuals. Hope you get any information there.
What your stock broker doesn’t want you to see
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Ken,
If it won't boot then it is either hardware or the software has been
corrupted. I doubt there is any way to use standard Linux tools, but
that is just a guess since I have no experience trying to do anything
other than the built-in features and commands. Perhaps there is a way
to reload the firmware/software from the USB port, but I am sorry I
don't know any details.

Regarding forums, try searching www.avsforum.com. It is a huge site
with many different areas have to do with audio visual. Try searching
for your model number. I follow a thread called:

official-samsung-UNxxF6300-series-led-tv-owners-thread

....but there are many more less specific threads that are active.

Best of luck to you.

Pat

On Mon, 6 Oct 2014 07:44:19 -0700 (PDT), KenO
wrote:

[...]

Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat[_9_] View Post
Hi Ken,
Regarding forums, try searching AVS Forum. It is a huge site
with many different areas have to do with audio visual. Try searching
for your model number. I follow a thread called:

official-samsung-UNxxF6300-series-led-tv-owners-thread

....but there are many more less specific threads that are active.

Best of luck to you.

Pat
he is right you can find a lot of information on that forum because there are many active threads that have discussion on these products.
What your stock broker doesn’t want you to see
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So all you checked was the power supply ?

There are more than one thing(s) that can result in no picture. You didn't give the model number so I do not know if it is LCD or plasma. If LCD, do you have backlight ? If plasma do you have X and Z drive ?

If so then do you have anyhting on the twisted pairs going from the main to the Tcon or logic board ? (sometimes they are not twisted, like in the case of a ribbon cable, but you should see something that resembles video on some of those lines) You don't get a really good wavform beecause it is LVDS, but with the scope's gain up and in 1X/AC mode just scan them all.

You cannotautomatically assume it is a software problem just because the power supply voltages are all there.
Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by View Post
So all you checked was the power supply ?

There are more than one thing(s) that can result in no picture. You didn't give the model number so I do not know if it is LCD or plasma. If LCD, do you have backlight ? If plasma do you have X and Z drive ?

If so then do you have anyhting on the twisted pairs going from the main to the Tcon or logic board ? (sometimes they are not twisted, like in the case of a ribbon cable, but you should see something that resembles video on some of those lines) You don't get a really good wavform beecause it is LVDS, but with the scope's gain up and in 1X/AC mode just scan them all.

You cannotautomatically assume it is a software problem just because the power supply voltages are all there.
Yes you are right because may be its happening due to supply voltage. And may be it causes many other problems.
What your stock broker doesn’t want you to see