Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Electronic Repair and Design group on Facebook

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:25:20 -0700, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have
started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Can't use facebook, LinkedIn, or any of those websites, Often, can't even
use dropbox to pickup a pic, between loading the PC with stuff, hanging,
and/or crashing our systems, given up going there. Now youtube doesn't
work, either.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:46:33 -0700, RobertMacy wrote:
On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:25:20 -0700, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have
started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Can't use facebook, . . . .

Won't use facebook...
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 18:25:20 -0700 (PDT),
wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/
Greetings Larry,
I don't like and won't use facebook. I'm sure it's fine for
socializing but it's not so good for what you are trying to do. The
newsgroup you posted this to is for text only. No pop up ads or any of
that sort of crap. Since binaries can't be posted to this newsgroup it
doesn't get flooded with spam. This means that messages download fast
and don't take up much room on the hard drive.
Airich
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have
started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Which is it, repair or design?

20 years ago, this hierarchy consisted of sci.electronics and
sci.electronics.repair It was some time in 1995 that Mark Zenier
put in the effort to divide up sci.electronics into the multiple
newsgroups we see today, design being one of them. But for some
reason (and I wasn't around before late 1994), someone had seen fit
to make .repair a separate newsgroup, even before any other subgroups
were created.

And anyone who announces a facebook group here is a fool. Anyone left in
a newsgroup is not going to be moving to facebook, we've made our choice
and lived with the lesser traffic each year.

It was so much better in the old days, when someone had to prove a need
for yet another group. It took more effort to create, but there was
reasonable certainty that it would be used if it was created. Now, any
Joe Blow can create a facebook page or a yahoo group, but that doesn't
mean it will have value. That only comes if anyone uses it, and we
aren't the ones who are going to homestead a facebook page.

YOu don't even mention a faq, which puts this new 'creation" way down.
When Sam wrote those faqs, Radio Electronics magazine liked them so much
that they made him the repair columnist for the magazine.

All you have is a facebook page, something any fool can create. It takes
a lot more to actually make it valuable.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

prodded the keyboard

wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I
have started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/
Greetings Larry,
I don't like and won't use facebook. I'm sure it's fine for
socializing but it's not so good for what you are trying to do. The
newsgroup you posted this to is for text only. No pop up ads or any
of that sort of crap. Since binaries can't be posted to this
newsgroup it doesn't get flooded with spam. This means that messages
download fast and don't take up much room on the hard drive.
Airich

+1

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Michael Black prodded the keyboard

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I
have started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Anyone who announces a facebook group here is a fool. Anyone
left in a newsgroup is not going to be moving to facebook, we've
made our choice and lived with the lesser traffic each year.

All you have is a facebook page, something any fool can create. It
takes a lot more to actually make it valuable.

Michael

The newsgroup works very well for me ! No way am I going to use
facebook or any other social network for that matter.

--
Best Regards:
Baron.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I won't even go to facebook or any of that **** to view a picture, let alone join it. I don't even like that imageshack and those other picture hosting **** site. **** all that.

I got ?Usenet, and I got a dropbox account for whatever files I want to put up.

SDaw a cartoon with a guy at tha PC and another guy over his shoiulder saying "OK, see where it says 'share my personal information and bank account info with all my exes and every psychopath out there ? You want to uncheck that'".
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have
started, need new members and fresh ideas.

Facebook have been spamming me for months. They appear to have obtained
my e-mail address from the adress book of friends who were foolish
enough to fall for their trickery.

I don't support spammers.
I don't support con merchants.
I don't support liars.
I don't support thieves.

I shall not be joining.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:13:29 PM UTC-4, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Facebook have been spamming me for months. They appear to have obtained
my e-mail address from the adress book of friends who were foolish
enough to fall for their trickery.

Hmmm... In my considerable experience, as far as I can determine, Facebook does not spam. I'm not sure what you're talking about or whether it's really from Facebook.

One thing Usenet can be relied on is to bring out negative reactions to virtually anything, especially if it was invented after 1980, the year in which computers and networks were perfected.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014, wrote:

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:13:29 PM UTC-4, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Facebook have been spamming me for months. They appear to have obtained
my e-mail address from the adress book of friends who were foolish
enough to fall for their trickery.

Hmmm... In my considerable experience, as far as I can determine, Facebook does not spam. I'm not sure what you're talking about or whether it's really from Facebook.

One thing Usenet can be relied on is to bring out negative reactions to virtually anything, especially if it was invented after 1980, the year in which computers and networks were perfected.

I would point out that so much of these newfangled things rest on all the
experimentation and experience that has happened on Usenet over 30 years.

"LOl", cross-posting, spamming, they were in Usenet long before these
other things arrived.

People just follow blindly, so facebook is "social media" without anyone
really looking into what that means. I would point out that when I was
trying to get groups to use the internet circa 1997, one group said "but
it's too technical" and I said "no, it's social" which certainly defines
usenet long before the carpetbaggers arrived.

If nothing else, the old spaces were defined by RFCs, and were given away,
to win success because it worked. So gopher faded away, but email still
remains, even as the younger generation wants to use twitter instead. The
old ways were about giving osmething away, to set standards. The new ways
are to build branded spaces, to win the viewership over from the
competition. Facebook doesn't really care about what your experience on
facebook is like, they only care if you leave, because then their chance
at raking in money goes away (I can't even remember if facebook is making
money yet). Their goal is not the common good, their goal is to make
money, and you are the content to lure the eyeballs to the advertising.

I have a page about upcoming local used booksales, I've been posting about
them (first to the local newsgroup, then to a webpage) since 1997. It was
part of a bigger strategy to widen the contents in the local newsgroup to
lure more people in, who in turn would share their obscure interests and
lure more people in. SOme guy putting up a webpage represents the
internet of old, doing it because they can, because it costs so little.
The new internet has yelp!, pretending to be community, yet someone is
getting rich off the free content.

IN 1996, Inet '96 met here, a confereance about the internet. A good
number of the workshops there were about "community networking", and the
fear was that all the space would be commercialized. Odd, since at that
point, commerce on the internet was a relatively new thing, while it had
been communal and cooperative for so much longer. But while commerce
can't drive out pages like mine (I pay for the space for the webpage, no
freebie for me), or usenet, commerce is so much bigger it dwarfs the good.
Few see what we were doing in the old days, few see that we still exist.
So some political group that doesn't like trucks driving around for the
purpose of showing off billboards, they can't see what's wrong with
facebook, because in all their "internet life", commerce has been here.
These are the same people who think commerce has given them "community",
ie "web 2.0", becuase they just don't know what was there before.

Michael

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 24 Jul 2014 00:39:07 -0400, Michael Black wrote:

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have
started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Which is it, repair or design?

20 years ago, this hierarchy consisted of sci.electronics and
sci.electronics.repair It was some time in 1995 that Mark Zenier
put in the effort to divide up sci.electronics into the multiple
newsgroups we see today, design being one of them. But for some
reason (and I wasn't around before late 1994), someone had seen fit
to make .repair a separate newsgroup, even before any other subgroups
were created.

SED started in the early 1980s. Mark Z. must be some Johnny come lately,
as Big 8 was already in place in 1995. SED predates Big 8. That is why
it has no charter.

?-)

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have
started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Which is it, repair or design?

20 years ago, this hierarchy consisted of sci.electronics and
sci.electronics.repair It was some time in 1995 that Mark Zenier
put in the effort to divide up sci.electronics into the multiple
newsgroups we see today, design being one of them. But for some
reason (and I wasn't around before late 1994), someone had seen fit
to make .repair a separate newsgroup, even before any other subgroups
were created.

SED started in the early 1980s. Mark Z. must be some Johnny come lately,
as Big 8 was already in place in 1995. SED predates Big 8. That is why
it has no charter.

How do I put this. Er, how about "EVERYTHING YOU KNOW IS WRONG!".

Somtime before I got here, (I'd guess about 1983), they created
"net.analog". (Last I knew, you could read all that group's traffic in
the Google Groups archive. About 300 messages over the three of four
years it existed).

Then in the Fall of 1986, they did "The Great Renaming" that created
the Big 7 newsgroups list. net.analog became sci.electronics.
(The 8th "humanities" hierarchy came later).

(Johnny come lately? I've been participating in the newsgroups since,
near as I can tell, March 1988).

And then AOL, Microsoft and the other nationwide internet providers
came online and we got "Eternal September" around 1993-94. Traffic
in sci.electronics hit around 400 posts a day. Over the ability to
follow the group for a lot of people.

So we decided to do something about it. I stepped forward, (shoved my
way into other people business ;-) ) and did the first reorg. Using
the princple of "if you're going to split a group, pick a topic that
already has traffic for it", sci.electronics.repair and sci.electronics.cad
were voted on and created. Sci.electronics had about 25 posts on repairs
a day, the new .repair group jumped up to about 75 posts a day.

That wasn't enough, so there was a second reorg about a year later.
This ended up creating .components, .design, .equipment, .basics,
and .misc.

Why didn't sci.electronics get left as it is? They (the moderator
committee for news.announce.newgroups, the regulators of the namespace)
wouldn't let me. So, supposedly, sci.electronics.misc was to take
its place.

(I can't find this stuff on my disk and I don't want to spend the
time digging through archive CD-ROMS. There are text files that
have both reorg discussions on ftp.eskimo.com under the mzenier user
directory.)

There is a charter for sci.electronics.design. It's one line.

There was a fashion for huge "US Constitution" type charters, back then.
IMHO, all that did was attract language lawyer net.trolls determined to
cause trouble by following the letter but not the spirit of the charters.
Since the reaction to abuse is the same whether or not it's in the
charter, keep the charter at a minimum.

There's also a Rationale in the vote announcment that discusses the three
level split of .components/.design/.equipment that should be taken into
account for the charters of all three groups.

Mark Zenier

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I have
started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Which is it, repair or design?

20 years ago, this hierarchy consisted of sci.electronics and
sci.electronics.repair It was some time in 1995 that Mark Zenier
put in the effort to divide up sci.electronics into the multiple
newsgroups we see today, design being one of them. But for some
reason (and I wasn't around before late 1994), someone had seen fit
to make .repair a separate newsgroup, even before any other subgroups
were created.

SED started in the early 1980s. Mark Z. must be some Johnny come lately,
as Big 8 was already in place in 1995. SED predates Big 8. That is why
it has no charter.

Where you getting this?

I started reading sci.electronics in late 1994, only that and
sci.electronics.repair existed.

I know longer find Mark's guide to the hierarchy at his own location, but
there is a copy at
http://www.repairfaq.org/REPAIR/F_Groups.html

So I was off a bit, the division, which created .design along with the
other subdivisions came at the beginning of 1996.

Michael
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote:

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:13:29 PM UTC-4, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Facebook have been spamming me for months. They appear to have obtained
my e-mail address from the adress book of friends who were foolish
enough to fall for their trickery.

Hmmm... In my considerable experience, as far as I can determine, Facebook
does not spam.

They have been spamming me for months, having harvested address books
containing my e-mail.

This month so far:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

From: Facebook,
To: Adrian Tuddenham,

Find More Friends
https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...um=email&mid=a
1da8b3G5af410a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.14042837 81.AbnfBdVstho-BK2i&co
de=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...8b3G5af410a275
60G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283781.AbnfBdVstho-BK2i&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Adrian,

Do you know Nikki Bennett, Frank Harvey and David Byrne?

Here are some people you may know on Facebook. Connect with friends,
family, classmates and colleagues to see their updates, photos and more.

Nikki Bennett:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?nikki.be...mid=a1da8b3G5a
f410a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283781.AbnfBd Vstho-BK2i&code=253659
&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Frank Harvey:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?frank.ha...mid=a1da8b3G5a
f410a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283781.AbnfBd Vstho-BK2i&code=253659
&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

David Byrne:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?david.by...&mid=a1da8b3G5
af410a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283781.AbnfB dVstho-BK2i&code=25365
9&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Nigel Parkin:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?nigel.pa...a1da8b3G5af410
a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283781.AbnfBdVsth o-BK2i&code=253659&n_m
=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Helen Marshall:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?helenkma...d=a1da8b3G5af4
10a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283781.AbnfBdVs tho-BK2i&code=253659&n
_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Sam Kimery:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?sam.kime...a1da8b3G5af410
a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283781.AbnfBdVsth o-BK2i&code=253659&n_m
=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

[https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...ium=email&mid=
a1da8b3G5af410a27560G0G2bG458587bb&bcode=1.1404283 781.AbnfBdVstho-BK2i&c
ode=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=pro file_pic]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

a1da8b3G5af410a27560G0G2bG458587bb
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA
94303

~~~~~~~~~~~~

203bc0G5af410a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.14044524 98.AbmaUPJ0ABOSmGjO&co
de=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...bc0G5af410a275
60G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452498.AbmaUPJ0ABOSmG jO&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Adrian,

Do you know Lucy Chard, David Chalmers and David Jessep?

Here are some people you may know on Facebook. Connect with friends,
family, classmates and colleagues to see their updates, photos and more.

Lucy Chard:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?lucy.cha...=a203bc0G5af41
0a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452498.AbmaUPJ0A BOSmGjO&code=253659&n_
m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

David Chalmers:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?david.ch...l&mid=a203bc0G
5af410a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452498.Abma UPJ0ABOSmGjO&code=2536
59&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

David Jessep:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?david.je...d=a203bc0G5af4
10a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452498.AbmaUPJ0 ABOSmGjO&code=253659&n
_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Jeff Whittington:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?jeff.whi...il&mid=a203bc0
G5af410a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452498.Abm aUPJ0ABOSmGjO&code=253
659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Tony Gibilaro:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?tony.gib...id=a203bc0G5af
410a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452498.AbmaUPJ 0ABOSmGjO&code=253659&
n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

David Jessep:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?djessep&...c0G5af410a2756
0G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452498.AbmaUPJ0ABOSmGj O&code=253659&n_m=adri
an%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

[https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...ium=email&mid=
a203bc0G5af410a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed&bcode=1.1404452 498.AbmaUPJ0ABOSmGjO&c
ode=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=pro file_pic]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

a203bc0G5af410a27560G0G2bG16beb5ed
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA
94303

~~~~~~~~~~~~

22f9f8G5af410a27560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.14046322 66.AbnDe_pA0qOntW8i&co
de=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...9f8G5af410a275
60G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.1404632266.AbnDe_pA0qOntW 8i&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Adrian,

Do you know Maggie Dyson, Alastair Wilson and Paul Crossley?

Here are some people you may know on Facebook. Connect with friends,
family, classmates and colleagues to see their updates, photos and more.

Maggie Dyson:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?maggie.d...id=a22f9f8G5af
410a27560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.1404632266.AbnDe_p A0qOntW8i&code=253659&
n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Alastair Wilson:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?the.real...=email&mid=a22
f9f8G5af410a27560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.1404632266 .AbnDe_pA0qOntW8i&code
=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepi le

Paul Crossley:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?paulcros...mail&mid=a22f9
f8G5af410a27560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.1404632266.A bnDe_pA0qOntW8i&code=2
53659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Tim Lewis:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?profile....m=email&mid=a2
2f9f8G5af410a27560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.140463226 6.AbnDe_pA0qOntW8i&cod
e=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facep ile

Philip Kenneth West:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?philip.k...=a22f9f8G5af41
0a27560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.1404632266.AbnDe_pA0 qOntW8i&code=253659&n_
m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Sue Maldne:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?sue.mald...2f9f8G5af410a2
7560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.1404632266.AbnDe_pA0qOn tW8i&code=253659&n_m=a
drian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

[https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...ium=email&mid=
a22f9f8G5af410a27560G0G2bG486e33ff&bcode=1.1404632 266.AbnDe_pA0qOntW8i&c
ode=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=pro file_pic]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

a22f9f8G5af410a27560G0G2bG486e33ff
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA
94303

~~~~~~~~~~~~

258c52G5af410a27560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.14048008 04.AbkIavBsrNdwxkbI&co
de=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...c52G5af410a275
60G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800804.AbkIavBsrNdwxk bI&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Adrian,

Do you know Dan Brown, Debbie Maizels and Tessa Stevenson?

Here are some people you may know on Facebook. Connect with friends,
family, classmates and colleagues to see their updates, photos and more.

Dan Brown:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?fortagua...58c52G5af410a2
7560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800804.AbkIavBsrNdw xkbI&code=253659&n_m=a
drian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Debbie Maizels:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?diatomde...8c52G5af410a27
560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800804.AbkIavBsrNdwx kbI&code=253659&n_m=ad
rian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Tessa Stevenson:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?tessa.st...il&mid=a258c52
G5af410a27560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800804.Abk IavBsrNdwxkbI&code=253
659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

John Clifford:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?john.cli...l&mid=a258c52G
5af410a27560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800804.AbkI avBsrNdwxkbI&code=2536
59&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

David Todd:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?david.to...mid=a258c52G5a
f410a27560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800804.AbkIav BsrNdwxkbI&code=253659
&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Richard Brown:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?richard....mail&mid=a258c
52G5af410a27560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800804.A bkIavBsrNdwxkbI&code=2
53659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

[https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...ium=email&mid=
a258c52G5af410a27560G0G2bG116715b4&bcode=1.1404800 804.AbkIavBsrNdwxkbI&c
ode=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=pro file_pic]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

a258c52G5af410a27560G0G2bG116715b4
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA
94303

~~~~~~~~~~~~

2843e7G5af410a27560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.14049788 73.AbkEbssO3q00DzL3&co
de=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...3e7G5af410a275
60G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978873.AbkEbssO3q00Dz L3&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Adrian,

Do you know Clare Hughes, Bob Berry and Tiggy Sagar?

Here are some people you may know on Facebook. Connect with friends,
family, classmates and colleagues to see their updates, photos and more.

Clare Hughes:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?clare.hu...&mid=a2843e7G5
af410a27560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978873.AbkEb ssO3q00DzL3&code=25365
9&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Bob Berry:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?robertwi...l&mid=a2843e7G
5af410a27560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978873.AbkE bssO3q00DzL3&code=2536
59&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Tiggy Sagar:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?tiggy.sa...2843e7G5af410a
27560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978873.AbkEbssO3q0 0DzL3&code=253659&n_m=
adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Pj Lennon:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?pjlennon...843e7G5af410a2
7560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978873.AbkEbssO3q00 DzL3&code=253659&n_m=a
drian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Rob Schafer:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?rhythmth...2843e7G5af410a
27560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978873.AbkEbssO3q0 0DzL3&code=253659&n_m=
adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Paul Tillson:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?paul.til...a2843e7G5af410
a27560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978873.AbkEbssO3q 00DzL3&code=253659&n_m
=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

[https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...ium=email&mid=
a2843e7G5af410a27560G0G2bG4b42b27a&bcode=1.1404978 873.AbkEbssO3q00DzL3&c
ode=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=pro file_pic]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

a2843e7G5af410a27560G0G2bG4b42b27a
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA
94303

~~~~~~~~~~~~

3022c8G5af410a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.14054946 82.AblHokTVOu0GKN1B&co
de=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...2c8G5af410a275
60G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494682.AblHokTVOu0GKN 1B&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Adrian,

Do you know Natasha Woodward, Paul Morris and Roger Houghton?

Here are some people you may know on Facebook. Connect with friends,
family, classmates and colleagues to see their updates, photos and more.

Natasha Woodward:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?georgewo...3022c8G5af410a
27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494682.AblHokTVOu0 GKN1B&code=253659&n_m=
adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Paul Morris:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?paul.mor...l&mid=a3022c8G
5af410a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494682.AblH okTVOu0GKN1B&code=2536
59&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Roger Houghton:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?roger.ho...&mid=a3022c8G5
af410a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494682.AblHo kTVOu0GKN1B&code=25365
9&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Elizabeth Suchar:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?elizabet...mid=a3022c8G5a
f410a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494682.AblHok TVOu0GKN1B&code=253659
&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Emma Catherine Dumeige:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?emma.dum...a3022c8G5af410
a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494682.AblHokTVOu 0GKN1B&code=253659&n_m
=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Jan Thomas:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?jan.thom...mid=a3022c8G5a
f410a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494682.AblHok TVOu0GKN1B&code=253659
&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

[https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...ium=email&mid=
a3022c8G5af410a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed&bcode=1.1405494 682.AblHokTVOu0GKN1B&c
ode=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=pro file_pic]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

a3022c8G5af410a27560G0G2bG4bdc8eed
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA
94303

~~~~~~~~~~~~

3a34c9G5af410a27560G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.14061546 51.AbnpFATrPaPRj8Pl&co
de=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=cta

Go to Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/n/?home.php...4c9G5af410a275
60G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154651.AbnpFATrPaPRj8 Pl&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=2nd_cta

Hi Adrian,

Do you know Tania Leonie, James Gale and Robert Redman?

Here are some people you may know on Facebook. Connect with friends,
family, classmates and colleagues to see their updates, photos and more.

Tania Leonie:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?tanialeo...3a34c9G5af410a
27560G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154651.AbnpFATrPaP Rj8Pl&code=253659&n_m=
adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

James Gale:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?JamesGal...a34c9G5af410a2
7560G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154651.AbnpFATrPaPR j8Pl&code=253659&n_m=a
drian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Robert Redman:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?robredma...34c9G5af410a27
560G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154651.AbnpFATrPaPRj 8Pl&code=253659&n_m=ad
rian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Jolyon Laycock:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?jolyon.l...d=a3a34c9G5af4
10a27560G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154651.AbnpFATr PaPRj8Pl&code=253659&n
_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Sam Farr:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?combehay...4c9G5af410a275
60G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154651.AbnpFATrPaPRj8 Pl&code=253659&n_m=adr
ian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

Catriona Whittingham:
https://www.facebook.com/n/?catriona...ail&mid=a3a34c
9G5af410a27560G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154651.Ab npFATrPaPRj8Pl&code=25
3659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=facepile

[https://www.facebook.com/n/?find-fri...ium=email&mid=
a3a34c9G5af410a27560G0G2bG4dfdb786&bcode=1.1406154 651.AbnpFATrPaPRj8Pl&c
ode=253659&n_m=adrian%40p**yr*cords.co.uk&lloc=pro file_pic]

Thanks,
The Facebook Team

a3a34c9G5af410a27560G0G2bG4dfdb786
Facebook, Inc., Attention: Department 415, PO Box 10005, Palo Alto, CA
94303

~~~~~~~~~~~~

[I have 'munged' some of the addresses]

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 25/07/14 20:46, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:
wrote:

On Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:13:29 PM UTC-4, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Facebook have been spamming me for months. They appear to have obtained
my e-mail address from the adress book of friends who were foolish
enough to fall for their trickery.

Hmmm... In my considerable experience, as far as I can determine, Facebook
does not spam.

They have been spamming me for months, having harvested address books
containing my e-mail.

This month so far:

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Berry?

snip

Precisely. And if you ever catch up with these folks in real life, they
will swear blind that they never intentionally sent out those emails.

Facebook *do* spam.

It's unwanted, unnecessary and worse, since facebook claim property
ownership over _everything_ shared on there, it's a risky place where
your design ideas will be taken from you, for their profit - read the
small print....

So a Electronic Repair and Design group? Stay well away, people.

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014, wrote:

Here is a link to a new Electronics Repair and Design group that I
have started, need new members and fresh ideas.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/528254330634866/

Anyone who announces a facebook group here is a fool. Anyone
left in a newsgroup is not going to be moving to facebook, we've
made our choice and lived with the lesser traffic each year.

All you have is a facebook page, something any fool can create. It
takes a lot more to actually make it valuable.

Michael

The newsgroup works very well for me ! No way am I going to use
facebook or any other social network for that matter.

I wouldn't either, they have called us grouchy and rude over there! :-)
I think I'll go kick the dog, or something.
Mikek

---

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 25 Jul 2014 16:39:40 GMT, (Mark Zenier) wrote:

wrote:

[...]

Much of what you have said validates. Still can't find any charter. Any
pointers?

?-)