Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected][_2_] mc@uga.edu[_2_] is offline

Default Electronic Repair and Design group on Facebook

On Friday, July 25, 2014 5:02:09 AM UTC-4, Adrian C wrote:
On 25/07/14 02:49, wrote:
On Thursday, July 24, 2014 1:13:29 PM UTC-4, Adrian Tuddenham wrote:

Facebook have been spamming me for months. They appear to have obtained
my e-mail address from the adress book of friends who were foolish
enough to fall for their trickery.

Hmmm... In my considerable experience, as far as I can determine, Facebook does not spam.

Untrue.

ALL the social networks spam, usually by harvesting users address books,
particularly those stored on mobile devices.

Linkedin is the worst...

I remain skeptical. I see all my incoming e-mail (including huge amounts that are set aside by the spam filter) and none of it is from Facebook or LinkedIn. From LinkedIn I get notifications when someone gives me an invitation or a recommendation, but I don't consider that spam -- it is notifications that I signed up for.

As I said, in my experience Facebook does not spam. Are you yourself receiving spam from Facebook? What does it say?