Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Keyboard Key Caps Back On

I have a Fujitsu A6120 laptop that got dirt under the keys.
It is a "spill-resistant" keyboard, but not dirt-resistant.
Anyway, I popped off a few letter and number key caps and cleaned.
Putting the key caps back on was a challenge. There are two little
white pieces that go between the key cap (each has two nubs that pop
into the underside of the caps and then the rest hangs down. If I push
them together like an upside-down V and the press the cap on the
keyboard these two pieces snap in to their respective slots on the
keyboard.
Alas, the space bar is different. It has four of the white pieces and
a spring wire the length of the cap. So I will take three or four
hands to get it all aligned to snap back in unless someone can give me
suggestions to simplify the procedure. I only have two hands
available.
TIA

P.S. yes i did try vacuuming before removing the caps but with no
success. I even have a mini-brush attachment for small electronic
stuff.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

This isn't easy, but I've never been unable to do it when I reassembled a
keyboard after a cleaning.

On the boards I've seen, the wire simply slips under the retaining thingies.
You then tilt the spacebar until its projections line up with the switches,
and press it down.

It might help if you removed the keycaps surrounding the spacebar.

PC keyboard Ramsman UK diy 41 November 21st 12 10:58 AM
Fixing door handles back to back? [email protected] Home Repair 4 April 10th 07 11:52 PM
LED moving message sign programmed with IR keyboard: Missing keyboard...possible solutions? 427Cobraman Electronics Repair 5 October 26th 06 02:15 AM
Just in case: (cherry keyboard pinout) - it was: help on soldering a 5 pin din connector to a keyboard Lotas Electronics Repair 0 June 9th 06 11:27 AM
Building code: Electrical boxes back-to-back, how many _firstname_@lr_dot_los-gatos_dot_ca.us Home Ownership 1 March 15th 04 07:34 PM