Posted to sci.electronics.repair
OldGuy OldGuy is offline

Default Keyboard Key Caps Back On

I have a Fujitsu A6120 laptop that got dirt under the keys.
It is a "spill-resistant" keyboard, but not dirt-resistant.
Anyway, I popped off a few letter and number key caps and cleaned.
Putting the key caps back on was a challenge. There are two little
white pieces that go between the key cap (each has two nubs that pop
into the underside of the caps and then the rest hangs down. If I push
them together like an upside-down V and the press the cap on the
keyboard these two pieces snap in to their respective slots on the
keyboard.
Alas, the space bar is different. It has four of the white pieces and
a spring wire the length of the cap. So I will take three or four
hands to get it all aligned to snap back in unless someone can give me
suggestions to simplify the procedure. I only have two hands
available.
TIA

P.S. yes i did try vacuuming before removing the caps but with no
success. I even have a mini-brush attachment for small electronic
stuff.