Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Vocalist Live3 stompbox thing

Only 3 months old , should be under warranty but supply company is
folded and of course Chinese maker. Failed latching push switch , and 2
more of course with their pins waiting to bend also , no doubt
Got the case open a crack but I suspect , as it is wrap around, then one
closure bend at making is probably the limit. Any further and it will
crack. I suspect a matter of hacking into the sub plastic , but anyone
been here before, can take some pics , as no great rush.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 07/04/2014 16:56, N_Cook wrote:
Only 3 months old , should be under warranty but supply company is
folded and of course Chinese maker. Failed latching push switch , and 2
more of course with their pins waiting to bend also , no doubt
Got the case open a crack but I suspect , as it is wrap around, then one
closure bend at making is probably the limit. Any further and it will
crack. I suspect a matter of hacking into the sub plastic , but anyone
been here before, can take some pics , as no great rush.

You just have to force what seems to be solid and a welded seem and due
to a couple of bends in the overlap, that need to be overcome, a join
not a seem emerges, so not wrap around. Not just these footswitches. So
cramped for space in there, a ribbon cable is near to be punctured
through by being squashed against solder points behind the control pots
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Not so straightforward. Looks as though all 3 switches were latching but
now momentary. But there is electronic latching but with little or no
latency.
So if the switch contact is dirty/bounces then will electronically
de-latch, at least on the Harmony sw. Bridging the contact by hand with
a 200 ohm resistor I can make the it change latch a number of times a
second.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

settled on 2M and 1uF cap across the switch to slow things down , so
shorting the terminals with a piece of wire , as fast as possible, no
longer changed the mode each short contact.
All the sophistication contained in a 144 pin DSP chip, let down by the
lack of a C and an R across a switch. I won't add C+Rs to the other 2
switches, wait until if/when required, but probably the same design flaw
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The other 2 switches must be more conventional , so the stencil markings
must so indicate. Although SPST in use, despite SPDT construction,they
are 3 function, 2 main states and a hold down function, so hopefully the
electronics/software will accommodate that ,obviously, and also aging
switch action. We will have to wait and see. The owner of this one
rarely uses the other switches, but may be different for other owners

OT The right thing to do Karen[_5_] Home Repair 104 January 27th 10 05:03 PM
What would YOU do with this thing? bob Home Repair 22 March 20th 07 10:20 PM
HUGE LOT 8-TRACK DECKS-RECORDERS- CLEANING CARTRIDGES- TAPES- BY ARTIST-COMEDY- ROCK-POP-EZ LISTENING-CLASSICAL-C&W- DISCO- VOCALIST CAINE Electronics Repair 2 July 15th 06 02:38 AM
Same thing brush7734 Metalworking 0 November 24th 05 12:03 PM
What's this leaky thing in my boiler...? - thing.jpg (0/1) fred UK diy 9 August 21st 04 10:51 PM