Posted to sci.electronics.repair
N_Cook N_Cook is offline

Default Vocalist Live3 stompbox thing

On 07/04/2014 16:56, N_Cook wrote:
Only 3 months old , should be under warranty but supply company is
folded and of course Chinese maker. Failed latching push switch , and 2
more of course with their pins waiting to bend also , no doubt
Got the case open a crack but I suspect , as it is wrap around, then one
closure bend at making is probably the limit. Any further and it will
crack. I suspect a matter of hacking into the sub plastic , but anyone
been here before, can take some pics , as no great rush.

You just have to force what seems to be solid and a welded seem and due
to a couple of bends in the overlap, that need to be overcome, a join
not a seem emerges, so not wrap around. Not just these footswitches. So
cramped for space in there, a ribbon cable is near to be punctured
through by being squashed against solder points behind the control pots