Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Do musos know how shoddy their expensive kit is?

Another Marshall 2266 this time from 2009. The input guitar lead socket
soldering looks ok under x30 viewing but 3 of the 4 pins pull through the
solder with very little force, just that required to straighten the slight
bend placed there after insertion, the fourth pin pulled out with a bit more
force but still mush less than a proper traditional solder joint (that would
usually break the metal of the pin rather than break the solder joint).
Nasty grey appearance of where the solder blobs were and very little sign of
ever having been wetted. No mention of PbF on the overlays but solder
generally looks PbF and RoHS on the mains Tx.
N382 compliance? mark on the rear , coded speak for PbF ?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Yes, they know. I am not sure PBF is a requirement to sell electronics now, but I suggest buying all the lead based solder you can get.

This ****ty solder means work for us I guess. I have seen this pullout phenomenon. You know in the US they tried using aluminum (same **** as in the new solder) for electrical wires. They stopped because of too many fires.

You know I want to know what they're doing with all that extra lead. They would never remove it if it had no market. Not in the US where the companies own the government. Pushing this lead free **** is like getting off the gold standard, it LOOKS good but it certainly benefits someone who is not going to share with us.

They make more from the **** they refine OUT OF salt than off the salt. Your lowfat milk doesn't just have water added, they SELL what they took out of it for feed for cattle and ****. Organisms which make them more money when healthy rather than in the US with humans, where misery and sickness is the biggest industry other than war.

Lead is important for nuclear stuff to some extent. It is a good shield. Maybe they want to make suit to protect themselves while denying us the basic materials to do so.

You know they have strict regulations on the sale of gas masks here. Yeah, I guess you could really hurt someone with one of those. You know goddamn well what they want is the absolute undisputed power of life and death over us.

A truly godlike aspiriation wouldn't you say ?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

You know in the US they tried using aluminum (same **** as in the new
solder) for electrical wires. They stopped because of too many fires.

Let's get our facts straight.

The new solder does not use aluminum.

As for aluminum wiring... When copper got really expensive, aluminum wire came
into wide use. The problem with aluminum is that it develops an oxide coat.
(This is the very thing that makes it relatively immune to corrosion.) Over
time, the coat cracks under pressure from the screws, and the connection
develops a high resistance. The causes overheating, and fires.

Aluminum wire can be used if the terminations are copper coated.

Your lowfat milk doesn't just have water added...

Where did you get that idea? It's low fat because the fat is removed.

They SELL what they took out of it for feed for cattle and ****.

Since when do cattle consume butterfat (other than as calves)? The fat removed
is used in ice cream and other dairy products.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

I'd like to hear those committee members and various legislators crying
about their flashy new electronic devices that keep failing to operate.

That's probably the only payback the rest of us will get out of RoHS.

--
Cheers,
WB

wrote in message
[...]

Shoddy shed shingling Percival P. Cassidy Home Repair 30 November 4th 10 12:52 PM
Shoddy work, no permits, buildings collapsing HeyBub[_3_] Home Repair 7 May 14th 10 04:48 AM
Shoddy work Terry Home Repair 4 November 23rd 06 04:34 AM
Fedders Air Condititioner: Shoddy Joel Home Repair 12 October 2nd 05 04:11 PM
Amerispec (Brent Chappel), ServiceMaster Consumer Services Do Shoddy Work! Freespeechstore Home Ownership 0 November 4th 04 12:02 AM