Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Aiwa turns back on after turning off

I have an Aiwa CX-NAJ14, that turns itself back on after turning it off. It doesn't matter if it's turned off via remote or the front panel power button. The display says "good-bye" as most Aiwas do, displays the time, then about two seconds later it powers back up again. I haven't pulled the cover off, but this seems odd. Maybe bad electrolytics? Has anyone ran across this problem before, or have a schematic for this unit?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Friday, November 23, 2012 12:43:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I have an Aiwa CX-NAJ14, that turns itself back on after turning it off. It doesn't matter if it's turned off via remote or the front panel power button. The display says "good-bye" as most Aiwas do, displays the time, then about two seconds later it powers back up again. I haven't pulled the cover off, but this seems odd. Maybe bad electrolytics? Has anyone ran across this problem before, or have a schematic for this unit?

Ha ha, just fixed it. It's amazing how typing about a problem gets the mind working. I thought maybe it wouldn't turn off because the time wasn't set, and wouldn't you know, that did it! Amazing...so simple! Way too often I ignore easy, obvious stuff.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

wrote in message
On Friday, November 23, 2012 12:43:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I have an Aiwa CX-NAJ14, that turns itself back on after turning it off.
It doesn't matter if it's turned off via remote or the front panel power
button. The display says "good-bye" as most Aiwas do, displays the time,
then about two seconds later it powers back up again. I haven't pulled
the cover off, but this seems odd. Maybe bad electrolytics? Has anyone
ran across this problem before, or have a schematic for this unit?

Ha ha, just fixed it. It's amazing how typing about a problem gets the
mind working. I thought maybe it wouldn't turn off because the time
wasn't set, and wouldn't you know, that did it! Amazing...so simple! Way
too often I ignore easy, obvious stuff.

You'd think the design engineers would have sorted that bug out pretty early
in development though.

Gareth.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Gareth Magennis" wrote in message

wrote in message
[...]

Back in the day when I did service work for one of the sheds that sold
assorted Aiwa models by the skip-load, I used to see lots with the fault
described similarly to the OP's. Invariably, it would be because the thing
was defaulting to "Demo" mode. So, you would switch it off to standby, and
it would do all the good stuff like parking the CD, and then say "Goodbye"
just as you would expect. A few seconds later, it would light up again like
a Christmas tree, giving the impression that it had turned itself back on

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Nov 23, 3:01*pm, "Gareth Magennis"
wrote:
wrote in message

[...]

Well, it sorta makes sense, it is telling you to set the time, bet
that's buried somewhere in fine print in a footnote in the instruction
manual, maybe even in Englishg.