Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Gareth Magennis Gareth Magennis is offline

Default Aiwa turns back on after turning off

wrote in message
On Friday, November 23, 2012 12:43:51 PM UTC-6, wrote:
I have an Aiwa CX-NAJ14, that turns itself back on after turning it off.
It doesn't matter if it's turned off via remote or the front panel power
button. The display says "good-bye" as most Aiwas do, displays the time,
then about two seconds later it powers back up again. I haven't pulled
the cover off, but this seems odd. Maybe bad electrolytics? Has anyone
ran across this problem before, or have a schematic for this unit?

Ha ha, just fixed it. It's amazing how typing about a problem gets the
mind working. I thought maybe it wouldn't turn off because the time
wasn't set, and wouldn't you know, that did it! Amazing...so simple! Way
too often I ignore easy, obvious stuff.

You'd think the design engineers would have sorted that bug out pretty early
in development though.

Gareth.