Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnavox TV turns itself off, then back on

I have a Magnavox 13MT143S. There is another number on the back,
E244239. The screen simply goes off without warning, as if it had been
turned off, and then in a second or two it comes back, most of the
time. Sometimes it just stays off. Any insights?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 7, 3:05 pm, wrote:
I have a Magnavox 13MT143S. There is another number on the back,
E244239. The screen simply goes off without warning, as if it had been
turned off, and then in a second or two it comes back, most of the
time. Sometimes it just stays off. Any insights?

Yeah, call an exorcist.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 9, 8:16 pm, "Malissa Baldwin"
wrote:
On Feb 7, 3:05 pm, wrote:

I have a Magnavox 13MT143S. There is another number on the back,
E244239. The screen simply goes off without warning, as if it had been
turned off, and then in a second or two it comes back, most of the
time. Sometimes it just stays off. Any insights?

Yeah, call an exorcist.

But seriously, folks... is this simply a TV that is about to kick the
bucket, or is this something that can be repaired?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Anything can be repaired. It is the question of having the time, the service
information, the level of servicing skills, and the budget.

Sometimes these types of faults are caused by cold solder connections on the
circuit board, or a part that is simply intermittent.

Considering the age of the set, I would seriously think about retiring it.

--

JANA
_____

ups.com...
wrote:
On Feb 7, 3:05 pm, wrote:

I have a Magnavox 13MT143S. There is another number on the back,
E244239. The screen simply goes off without warning, as if it had been
turned off, and then in a second or two it comes back, most of the
time. Sometimes it just stays off. Any insights?

Yeah, call an exorcist.

But seriously, folks... is this simply a TV that is about to kick the
bucket, or is this something that can be repaired?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Feb 24, 8:59 pm, "JANA" wrote:
Anything can be repaired. It is the question of having the time, the service
information, the level of servicing skills, and the budget.

Sometimes these types of faults are caused by cold solder connections on the
circuit board, or a part that is simply intermittent.

Considering the age of the set, I would seriously think about retiring it.

--

JANA
_____

I bought the TV two years ago. Admittedly, it was inexpensive -- about
$80, as I recall. But is two years the life expectancy of a cheap TV?