Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnavox TV 27MS3404/17 Turns On, Then Goes Off

Hi Irabanus,

I tried what you suggested, but that did not fix the problem. Note:
Sometimes the picture stays on longer than a couple seconds.

UPDATE:

I connected a color bar generator to the TV. Now the TV stays on!!!
If I use color bars or any other pattern, the TV stays on!!!! I assume it
is due to the steady picture (no changes in brightness, etc.)?

What else should I check?

Thanks in advance, Brad

On 6 Jan 2007 19:05:36 -0800, " wrote:

Hi Brad;
Adjust the screen control a little higher or lower. Some of these sets
have a very specific vg2 voltage range and are quite critical.

Brad wrote:
Hi,

I have a Magnavox TV model 27MS3404/17, chassis L01.1UAC-7638
(mfg. 06/05) in my service shop that comes on, picture shows for about two
seconds, then the TV goes "off", but the power indicator light stays on.

... snip

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The reason it'll stay on with a signal generator on it is that the weak
cap in your horizontal circuit can handle it because it doesn't change
at all. Look for a little 35v 47ufd cap just off your HOT. I just did
one of these... change that cap and you should be good. Can't remember
the position, but it's right off the HOT.

Kevin

--
DeEvolutio
DeEvolutio's Profile: http://www.futurehardware.in/member.php?userid=526