Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Magnavox TV 27MS3404/17 Turns On, Then Goes Off

Hi,

I have a Magnavox TV model 27MS3404/17, chassis L01.1UAC-7638
(mfg. 06/05) in my service shop that comes on, picture shows for about two
seconds, then the TV goes "off", but the power indicator light stays on.
Note: I can turn the TV off "completely" which makes the power indicator light
go off.

I checked the HV, and it is around 26KV with picture. With an AC current
meter in the 120VAC line, the current drops to around the same level it was
when the TV is actually off.

I soldered cold solder joints and replaced C2455 47uf 25V (in horizontal
drive circuit) which sometimes causes turn on problems. If you had a similar
problem with this model TV, what was the cause?

Thanks in advance, Brad

be sure there is no active keystroke logger (spyware) in your PC.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Hi Brad;
Adjust the screen control a little higher or lower. Some of these sets
have a very specific vg2 voltage range and are quite critical.

Brad wrote:
Hi,

I have a Magnavox TV model 27MS3404/17, chassis L01.1UAC-7638
(mfg. 06/05) in my service shop that comes on, picture shows for about two
seconds, then the TV goes "off", but the power indicator light stays on.

.... snip