Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Sony part 148710111

Hey

I'm looking for a place where I can buy this part
(https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...148710111.aspx)
Do you have any ideas where I can find it available ?? (esp interested
in web shop)

Thanks!
Marcin
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:14:22 +0200, Marcin wrote:

I'm looking for a place where I can buy this part
(https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...148710111.aspx)
Do you have any ideas where I can find it available ?? (esp interested
in web shop)

What model number machine is the SWITCH BLOCK CONTROL(PS310) used in?
You can probably find a machine suitable for parts easier than the
switch assembly alone. Search eBay by model number.

Search for it like this:
1-487-101-11
which is the correct format and shows more hits:

--
Jeff Liebermann
150 Felker St #D
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jul 18, 2:40*pm, Jeff Liebermann wrote:
On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:14:22 +0200, Marcin wrote:
I'm looking for a place where I can buy this part
(https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...148710111.aspx)
Do you have any ideas where I can find it available ?? (esp interested
in web shop)

What model number machine is the SWITCH BLOCK CONTROL(PS310) used in?
You can probably find a machine suitable for parts easier than the
switch assembly alone. *Search eBay by model number.

Being curious, I found reviews for this camcorder -- HDR-XR200V Sony
Digital camcorder -- dated August 2009.

So, Sony doesn't even support their products with parts for a full
three years?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

So, Sony doesn't even support their products
with parts for a full three years?

"Once upon a time", the law said 10 years for electrical/electronic parts.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:33:19 AM UTC-4, William Sommerwerck wrote:
> So, Sony doesn't even support their products
> with parts for a full three years?

"Once upon a time", the law said 10 years for electrical/electronic parts.

My distributor has this part flagged as being involved in the "flood". All manufacturers are required to stock replacement parts or at least 5 years. I would order the part from the website referenced and let Sony indicate the part status. The listing does not indicate that the part is not available. If a part is no longer available, the website ususally indicates it.

Dan

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 18 Jul 2012 21:14:22 +0200, Marcin wrote:

Hey

I'm looking for a place where I can buy this part
(https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...148710111.aspx)
Do you have any ideas where I can find it available ?? (esp interested
in web shop)

Thanks!
Marcin

Sears claims to have it in stock for $58.

Bill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
So, Sony doesn't even support their products
with parts for a full three years?

"Once upon a time", the law said 10 years for electrical/electronic parts.

Urban legend for the most part. California had a similar law at one time (7
years IIRC), but it was unenforceable.

Mark Z.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Once upon a time", the law said 10 years
for electrical/electronic parts.

Urban legend for the most part. California had a
similar law at one time (7 years IIRC), but it was
unenforceable.

Not what I was told, including by my Sony contact -- the head of the parts
department.

Such laws are eminently enforceable. It's just a matter of whether the law
wants to get involved. Dragging companies into court for a relatively small
social benefit might not seem a good use of time to prosecutors.

The real problem is that technology changes so rapidly that manufacturers
have little practical justification for keeping service parts. But the idea
of tossing something because it can't be fixed is fundamentally anti-green.
I expect expensive products to be fixable.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wednesday, July 18, 2012 12:14:22 PM UTC-7, Marcin wrote:
Hey

I'm looking for a place where I can buy this part
(https://www.servicesplus.sel.sony.co...148710111.aspx)
Do you have any ideas where I can find it available ?? (esp interested
in web shop)

Thanks!
Marcin

I buy Sony parts for broadcast machines all the time. When I click on 'availability' and is says it's in stock - as this part states - I order it and get it. Are they saying it's _not_ in stock?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

I've heard lots of comments regarding so-called "parts availability laws".

Never seen a single concrete example.

Of course in the modern world, it would be nearly impossible for
manufacturers to even comply.

Sony's policy in the U.SO. at least (at present) does not guarantee any
specific parts availability.

As regards most consumer electronics, they do pledge to provide out-of
warranty service at a factory service center (Laredo, Texas) for a period of
seven years after the last market date.

If parts are not available, an accommodation offer will be made, meaning
they will sell you a new or refurb unit at a reduced cost.

Due to shipping costs, the way they handle TV's is different, but they still
frequently offer deals on refurbs and new TV's under similar circumstances.

Sony is losing so much money these days I don't expect their current policy
to last.

Most companies don't even come close to Sony this way. If it's out of
warranty you are very often "on your own", especially with cheaper products
(or anything with the name Dell on it).

Mark Z.