Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] dansabrservices@yahoo.com is offline

Default Sony part 148710111

On Thursday, July 19, 2012 12:33:19 AM UTC-4, William Sommerwerck wrote:
> So, Sony doesn't even support their products
> with parts for a full three years?

"Once upon a time", the law said 10 years for electrical/electronic parts.

My distributor has this part flagged as being involved in the "flood". All manufacturers are required to stock replacement parts or at least 5 years. I would order the part from the website referenced and let Sony indicate the part status. The listing does not indicate that the part is not available. If a part is no longer available, the website ususally indicates it.

Dan