Jack

Default Looking for a Sony part : 1-225-445-12

It is a 6x100k motor pot and it belongs to a STR-DB940 amp that fell on it's
face :-(

Any ideas? Google was not very helpful.

Thanks,

Jan
Finland

sofie

Jan in Finland:
What do you mean that "Google was not very helpful" ???
What did you type in the search line?
I typed in "sony parts" in the search line and searched google. Within less
than a second there were literally 22,000,000 or more hits with at least
SEVERAL HUNDRED useful websites to go to.
The VERY FIRST hit is "tritronicsinc.com"..... a very good supplier here in
the USA.

** Sony Parts and Accessories
** Tritronics is the nation's
** one stop for consumer
** electronics parts from A to Z!
** www.tritronicsinc.com/sony.htm
** - 10k - Cached - Similar pages

If you refine your search line do some advanced searching I am certain you
can find a more local supplier of the part you need.
--
Best Regards,
Daniel Sofie

"Jack" wrote in message
It is a 6x100k motor pot and it belongs to a STR-DB940 amp that fell on

it's
face :-(

Any ideas? Google was not very helpful.

Thanks,

Jan
Finland

Cobalt

Same as Part No. 1-225-445-11 or 122544511 (without the dashes)

Used in
Model - Location
MDSS38 RV401
STR-D660Z U
STRDA30ES RV1501
STRDA50ES RV1501
STRDE1015G RV401
STRDE925 RV401

But I believe these are all US Models. Now I am showing that the -11 part
has been subbed to Part No. 122739511 / 1-227-395-11. See if that number
comes up for you in Finland. Good Luck.

"Jack" wrote in message
| It is a 6x100k motor pot and it belongs to a STR-DB940 amp that fell on
it's
| face :-(
|
| Any ideas? Google was not very helpful.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Jan
| Finland

Jack

"Jack" wrote in message
| It is a 6x100k motor pot and it belongs to a STR-DB940 amp that fell on
it's
| face :-(
|
| Any ideas? Google was not very helpful.
|
| Thanks,
|
| Jan
| Finland

OK, thanks for the info.

This part sells here for 90 euro (app. 100USD)!!

Jan

Jack:
About $100 USD is approxiamtely what I would have expected. Most REAL
parts suppliers like Tritronics (the one that Sofie suggested in his
reply post) will gladly look up your model number and description and
cross reference the factory part number for you.... and sell you the
needed part.
When googling it is best sometimes not to get overly specific.... then
as you get some prospective good hits you can narrow things down a
little more with some refinement to the search line.
electricitym
,
,
,

Jack

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jack:
About $100 USD is approxiamtely what I would have expected. Most REAL
parts suppliers like Tritronics (the one that Sofie suggested in his
reply post) will gladly look up your model number and description and
cross reference the factory part number for you.... and sell you the
needed part.
When googling it is best sometimes not to get overly specific.... then
as you get some prospective good hits you can narrow things down a
little more with some refinement to the search line.
electricitym
,
,
,

Well, I gave Tritronics a go and the part was very cheap, only 34 USD, but
shipping by normal USPS was 60 USD !!! The actual shipping cost is no more
than 15-20 bucks, max. !

Jan