Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Part ID: Sony IC

Comes out of Sony SMPS board for a Sony plasma KE-32TS2U. Board ID is
PSE324. Has a shorted 2SK2717, and several .47 ohm surface mount
resistors. Problem is is that there is no drive from the controller
IC which has the markings 3641 on one line, and H2502 on another.
I've run into this problem several time on the same model in the past,
and always ended up replacing the power supply module in those because
I couldn't ID this IC back then. Since this is only a 32", it's not
worth the parts cost to replace in today's market. Any ideas?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:30 -0800 (PST), John-Del
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Comes out of Sony SMPS board for a Sony plasma KE-32TS2U. Board ID is
PSE324. Has a shorted 2SK2717, and several .47 ohm surface mount
resistors. Problem is is that there is no drive from the controller
IC which has the markings 3641 on one line, and H2502 on another.

FA3641, Fuji Electric, PWM control IC with light load power saving
function For Switching Power Supply Control:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf-...DSA-231849.pdf

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mar 14, 5:30*pm, Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Fri, 12 Mar 2010 17:50:30 -0800 (PST), John-Del
put finger to keyboard and composed:

Comes out of Sony SMPS board for a Sony plasma KE-32TS2U. *Board ID is
PSE324. *Has a shorted 2SK2717, and several .47 ohm surface mount
resistors. *Problem is is that there is no drive from the controller
IC which has the markings 3641 on one line, and H2502 on another.

FA3641, Fuji Electric, PWM control IC with light load power saving
function For Switching Power Supply Control:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf-...ts-12/DSA-2318...

- Franc Zabkar

Thanks Franc. I did find that datasheet by wildcarding the numbers,
and it' s a possibility. When I get into the shop later today I'll
start with the ground and Vcc to see if they at least match up.
Hopefully it's the one. I have the service manual for this Sony, but
the only board that has no actual schematic is (of course), the power
supply. Thanks again.

John
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 08:30:05 +1100, Franc Zabkar
put finger to keyboard and composed:

FA3641, Fuji Electric, PWM control IC with light load power saving
function For Switching Power Supply Control:

http://www.datasheetarchive.com/pdf-...DSA-231849.pdf

You can buy single quantities he
http://www.bdent.com/search/part.jsp?partnum=FA3641P

- Franc Zabkar