Junior Member

Default Dishwasher

Asko D1796 Pump will not switch off. This problem is not listed in trouble shooting guide.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

peasant wrote:

Asko D1796 Pump will not switch off. This problem is not listed in
trouble shooting guide.

It's possible the fix for your problem is beyond you.

I am not trying to be sarcastic but, if you come here looking for
help and all you did was read the trouble shooting guide, we can
assume something electrically is wrong.

On the electrical side, it could be a simple problem, like a welded
shut contact in the relay that operates this pump. For this, you need
to traced the pump wires back to see where they are connected. If you
have more than 2 wires, minus a ground, going to this pump, it could
have and integrated switch that only requires low voltage to turn it on.

And then again, it could be something a little more serious, like the
control board, which could have a solid state device driving it.

I don't know if you have a water level switch in that unit but, it
could have something stuck in it and the pump may think there is still
water in it or, it could have a pressure switch and that is stuck on.

Jamie

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Jun 17, 3:21*pm, Jamie
t wrote:
peasant wrote:
Asko D1796 *Pump will not switch off. This problem is not listed in
trouble shooting guide.

It's possible the fix for your problem is beyond you.

* I am not trying to be sarcastic but, if you come here looking for
help and all you did was read the trouble shooting guide, we can
assume something electrically is wrong.

* On the electrical side, it could be a simple problem, like a welded
shut contact in the relay that operates this pump. For this, you need
to traced the pump wires back to see where they are connected. If you
have more than 2 wires, minus a ground, going to this pump, it could
have and integrated switch that only requires low *voltage to turn it on.

New Dishwasher mcp6453[_2_] Home Repair 25 January 18th 10 03:26 AM
dishwasher war!! Frank[_5_] Home Repair 14 September 11th 08 12:23 PM
G.E. Dishwasher Recall - What to do with Old Dishwasher Greg Wilkerson Home Repair 10 July 3rd 07 02:46 AM
Dishwasher Bob Home Repair 4 October 20th 05 10:04 AM
Dishwasher won't JK UK diy 2 April 25th 04 04:50 PM