Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dishwasher war!!

Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:58:35 -0500, Frank wrote:
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?

It depends on the dishwasher and how much food is on the dishes.
Try not rinsing them. If they still come out clean, then what is the
problem? If bits of food end up on the dishes, then you must rinse
off more of the food.

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in
:

Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job.
Wife is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

Since:

Wife say's...

then...

Any allies on either side?

Does it matter :-)
Posted to alt.home.repair
dpb dpb is offline

Frank wrote:
Any allies on either side?

Basically agree w/ whoever said "try less and see" for the actual
answer, but pragmatically the "does it matter?" answer may win, anyway.

We rinse but it takes 2-3 days for the two of us to fill it before it
runs so if not rinsed, by that time the remnants don't come easily.
There's the "prewash" cycle, but it's nearly as costly as the full wash
so doesn't help a lot.

If were to fill and wash immediately, not so much...

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote in message
.. .
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job.

Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

I don't know why I do it, but I always wash mine before putting them
in the dishwasher. I guess old habits die hard, so I've never actually
put dishes in that weren't clean. I do think that the newer models
should do a good job without rinsing though.

Cheri

Posted to alt.home.repair

a. husband is a puss
b. dishwasher should do the job.
c. if you're going to rinse them, you might just as well run the soap sponge
across them and put them away.
d. i never did understand people who do this.

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

I'm in favor of both, depending on circumstances.

Since it is just the two of us, we may run the DW every other day. In that
case, if the dishes have dairy products or things that may stink in 24
hours, they get rinsed for a second. And I do mean just a second, to get the
heavy stuff off. If the DW is going to be run in the next few hours, then
no, dishes are scraped and put right in. They come out perfect every time.
I love the way glasses sparkle when they come out. We do use a rinse aid.

Try it and save time and water.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Everything I've read says that pre-rinsing dishes before putting them
in the dishwasher is a major waste of water (and energy if you use hot
water). Obviously scrape the large stuff off first-- you don't want
to put corn cobs into the dishwasher, or a half-eaten steak.

I'll bet that if you check the website of your dishwasher company, or
call and ask, they'll tell you rinsing is not necessary.

Not necessary for dishes. For marital happiness that's a different
story.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:

Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

Loader decides ) Other party shuts up and watches TV.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

I'm in favor of both, depending on circumstances.

Since it is just the two of us, we may run the DW every other day. In that
case, if the dishes have dairy products or things that may stink in 24
hours, they get rinsed for a second. And I do mean just a second, to get the
heavy stuff off. If the DW is going to be run in the next few hours, then
no, dishes are scraped and put right in. They come out perfect every time.
I love the way glasses sparkle when they come out. We do use a rinse aid.

Try it and save time and water.

Careful, rational answers not allowed here.

I live alone, and don't generate a lot of dishes. I run the machine
maybe once a week. So yeah, I prewash as I stack them in the sink, or or
the residue turns to concrete. I might wash the odd thing by hand, but
seldom feel that motivated, and the DW gets them cleaner than I can by
hand. (Like the tea stains in the mugs- DW gets them pristine- I can't)

--
aem sends....

Posted to alt.home.repair

Frank wrote:
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job.
Wife is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

Original dishwasher sales were abysmal based on "labor-saving" claims.
Researchers found that women LIKED to wash dishes, they WANTED to wash
dishes, they NEEDED to wash dishes. Social scientists were flumoxed,
executives were confused, sales people actually died from confusion.

But American ingenuity saved the day: dishwashers were re-marketed with a
rationale of cleanliness and sterilization. The notion of sanitation trumped
whatever emotional attachment the ladies had to doing the dishes by hand and
sales sky-rocketed.

What we have here is the emergence of a recessive gene in your wife. But a
compromise is available. Let her rinse the dishes and everybody gets what
they need. Except those who like to follow logic.

Posted to alt.home.repair

wrote:

Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

I have a 14-year-old portable el cheapo Maytag (I think made by
Whirlpool) and we barely scrape, let alone rinse, and everything comes
out sparkling. I'm still amazed at its performance, given my memories
of the '60s avocado Kitchenaid I grew up with. We literally had to
wash the dishes before loading.
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Wed 10 Sep 2008 08:47:29p, told us...

wrote:

Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job.

Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

I have a 14-year-old portable el cheapo Maytag (I think made by
Whirlpool) and we barely scrape, let alone rinse, and everything comes
out sparkling. I'm still amazed at its performance, given my memories
of the '60s avocado Kitchenaid I grew up with. We literally had to
wash the dishes before loading.

There may be other factors, too. When I was growing up, we had a 1957
Kitchenaid unit. My mother scraped well, but did not rinse the dishes.
This was a model which had no detergent cup. You measured out the
detergent and placed it on the door. IIRC, the only one available at the
time was Electrasol. Our dishes always came out clean and spotless. I
suspect water condition, water temperature, and amount of detergent all
play large parts in how well any dishwasher works, past or present.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Wednesday, 09(IX)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day
8wks 5dys 2hrs 57mins
I'm not worried about the bullet with
my name on it -- just the thousands
out there marked 'occupant.'
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in
:

Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job.
Wife is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

Our dog's nickname is Pre-wash.

Steve
41N

--
I don't know half of you half as well as I'd like;
And I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.

- Bilbo Baggins
Posted to alt.home.repair

"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

Most dishwasher and detergent mfrs- and even Consumer Reports-- say there's
no need to pre-rinse dishes.

But if mamma wants then rinsed, then do it man. A wise man who likes to get
getting sex picks and chooses his battles carefully-- and this isn't one of
them, dude...

Bl**dy dishwasher blackbat UK diy 3 April 25th 08 11:27 AM
G.E. Dishwasher Recall - What to do with Old Dishwasher Greg Wilkerson Home Repair 10 July 3rd 07 02:46 AM
dishwasher SeaKan Home Repair 6 November 20th 05 05:35 AM
18" Dishwasher MattMika Home Repair 2 September 13th 05 02:49 PM
dishwasher pmcdw UK diy 7 September 7th 04 11:09 PM