Posted to alt.home.repair
aemeijers aemeijers is offline

Default dishwasher war!!

Edwin Pawlowski wrote:
"Frank" wrote in message
. ..
Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job. Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

I'm in favor of both, depending on circumstances.

Since it is just the two of us, we may run the DW every other day. In that
case, if the dishes have dairy products or things that may stink in 24
hours, they get rinsed for a second. And I do mean just a second, to get the
heavy stuff off. If the DW is going to be run in the next few hours, then
no, dishes are scraped and put right in. They come out perfect every time.
I love the way glasses sparkle when they come out. We do use a rinse aid.

Try it and save time and water.

Careful, rational answers not allowed here.

I live alone, and don't generate a lot of dishes. I run the machine
maybe once a week. So yeah, I prewash as I stack them in the sink, or or
the residue turns to concrete. I might wash the odd thing by hand, but
seldom feel that motivated, and the DW gets them cleaner than I can by
hand. (Like the tea stains in the mugs- DW gets them pristine- I can't)

--
aem sends....