Posted to alt.home.repair

Default dishwasher war!!

On Wed 10 Sep 2008 08:47:29p, told us...

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008 18:58:35 -0500, "Frank"
wrote:

Wife say's dishes must be rinsed before loading in dishwasher.
Husband say's get garbage off dishes and let the machine do it's job.

Wife
is winning. Husband rinses.
Any allies on either side?
Frank

I have a 14-year-old portable el cheapo Maytag (I think made by
Whirlpool) and we barely scrape, let alone rinse, and everything comes
out sparkling. I'm still amazed at its performance, given my memories
of the '60s avocado Kitchenaid I grew up with. We literally had to
wash the dishes before loading.

There may be other factors, too. When I was growing up, we had a 1957
Kitchenaid unit. My mother scraped well, but did not rinse the dishes.
This was a model which had no detergent cup. You measured out the
detergent and placed it on the door. IIRC, the only one available at the
time was Electrasol. Our dishes always came out clean and spotless. I
suspect water condition, water temperature, and amount of detergent all
play large parts in how well any dishwasher works, past or present.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Date: Wednesday, 09(IX)/10(X)/08(MMVIII)
Countdown till Veteran's Day