Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old style filament lamps?

(Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Terry Pinnell"

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

** AFAIK- even if you came across a stock it is illegal now for anyone to
sell them to you.

Have a look for the high efficiency halogen bulbs that are made in the same
style as regular BC and ES 40 watt and 60 watt bulbs. Rated at 2000 hours
and bit whiter light but rather more expensive.

Legally on sale all over Australia, but not sure about the UK.

...... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Terry Pinnell" wrote in message
(Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

You, and many others, including this +1, I'm afraid, Terry ... :-(

I just looked on my favourite lamp buying site in the UK, and they don't
appear to do any standard lightbulbs except ecobollox types at all now. Even
the halogen ones that Phil mentions, now don't seem to be available. I have
one of those in my hallway, and it is superb. They are basically a halogen
capsule bulb, inside a 'standard' lightbulb. The one I have is a pearl type,
so nice even light, but I seem to recall someone saying that even those had
been made available only in a clear glass outer shell, and now it looks like
that has gone as well. It really ****es me off actually, that yet another
mature technology that gave good even and diffuse light - the whole reason
that that pearlisation of the envelope was introduced in the first place -
has now been forcibly replaced with an ecobollox product that doesn't hold a
candle (pun intended) to what it's replacing. I wouldn't mind if the end
justified the means. I read the other day that it has been calculated that
in the UK, if every single conventional lightbulb was changed for an
ecobollox type, all it would save is the output from one small power
station.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/Eaccess.htm

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian Tuddenham"

http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/Eaccess.htm

** Have you rung the phone number?

Does ma or pa Wright answer ??

Looks like a ghost web site to me.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

[...]

We're been through this before.

British CFLs must be of very poor quality, because you can get excellent
ones in the US. They come instantly -- faster than incandescent -- and have
good color balance.

I've replaced all but the miniature "decorative" lamps in my condo with
CFLs. I would never go back to incandescent.

I'm writing this in my den. The light is from a 100W-equivalent Home Depot
CFL in an IKEA shade. The /only/ way you can tell it's not incandescent is
by looking under the shade.

The bathroom has a 6-bulb "bar". The middle bulbs have been loosened so they
won't light, and the end bulbs replaced with CFLs. Yeah, it looks a bit
funny. Big deal.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

British CFLs must be of very poor quality, because you can get excellent
ones in the US. They come instantly -- faster than incandescent -- and have
good color balance.

You buy CFLs that come on faster than an incandescent? Would like to see
a pic of the packaging so I know what to look for at HD. I'm just a tad
skeptical. Do you know the color temp?
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Smitty Two" wrote in message
news
In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

British CFLs must be of very poor quality, because you can get
excellent ones in the US. They come instantly -- faster than
incandescent -- and have good color balance.

You buy CFLs that come on faster than an incandescent? Would
like to see a pic of the packaging so I know what to look for at HD.
I'm just a tad skeptical. Do you know the color temp?

I've been using Home Depot's store brand -- EcoSmart -- for several years.
Consumer Reports recently gave them a very high rating.

No color temp or rendering quality is specified. But the balance is on the
warm side. It's acceptable (in my opinion) for non-critical color
photography.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:
No color temp or rendering quality is specified. But the balance is on the
warm side. It's acceptable (in my opinion) for non-critical color
photography.

Similar ones are available here in Israel. I assume since we use the same
electrical system as the UK, they are available there too.

There are also cheap junk, but I avoid them.

BTW, I've been using them since the late 1990's and CFLs keep getting cheaper,
more efficient and on the whole better. They are not perfect, and we still use
incandescent bulbs in some places, but 99% of the light in my home is from
either CFLs or the old fashioned long ones.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message

BTW, I've been using them since the late 1990's and CFLs keep
getting cheaper, more efficient and on the whole better. They are
not perfect, and we still use incandescent bulbs in some places,
but 99% of the light in my home is from either CFLs or the old-
fashioned long ones.

It's amazing that, despite their generally poor color rendering, tubular FLs
have long been tolerated in kitchens and workspaces.

Senior Member

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry Pinnell[_3_] View Post
(Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Do you mean that your light fittings cannot accomodate the larger compact fluorescent bulbs?

If so, there are halogen bulbs available in the same form factor as the old incandescent filament bulbs. These are classed as lower energy than a standard incandescent and can be purchased from most supermarkets and DIY stores. See the link below:

http://www.comparestoreprices.co.uk/...w-clear-bc.jpg

They give you full brightness at switch on unlike compact fluorescents that take time to warm-up.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 28, 5:47*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
[...]

None that I can buy. In my double fixtures I have one incandescent and
one CFL. Otherwise I have to wait every time I turn on a light.

Further, none of the bulbs I can buy are rated to work outdoors. I put
one in my porchlight anyway, and it wore out in less time than an
incandescent.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

William Sommerwerck wrote:

It's amazing that, despite their generally poor color rendering, tubular FLs
have long been tolerated in kitchens and workspaces.

I can't quantify it, but I have a much brighter tubular floursecent lamp
over my head because of the color problems. It seems I need a lot more
light to read with them than an incadescent one.

Geoff.

--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to misquote it.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in message

BTW, I've been using them since the late 1990's and CFLs keep
getting cheaper, more efficient and on the whole better. They are
not perfect, and we still use incandescent bulbs in some places,
but 99% of the light in my home is from either CFLs or the old-
fashioned long ones.

It's amazing that, despite their generally poor color rendering, tubular FLs
have long been tolerated in kitchens and workspaces.

Not amazing to me. In commercial and industrial (IOW business)
applications, it's all about economy. It's a holdover from the days of
candlelit rooms filled with accountants. The "grumble factor" determined
how many candles were allowed: just enough to minimize but not totally
eliminate employee grumbling.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Phil Allison wrote:

"Adrian Tuddenham"

http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/Eaccess.htm

** Have you rung the phone number?

Does ma or pa Wright answer ??

Thursday is early closing day in Bath; it's when he goes to the
wholesalers to stock up. Try again tomorrow.

Looks like a ghost web site to me.

Nope - just under delayed construction. I'm the webmaster and I'm
waiting for more info.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

lid (Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

(Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/Eaccess.htm

Thanks Adrian. Phoned at 7pm but I see they're closed all day Thursdays
anyway. I'll try again on Saturday after the Wedding. Doesn't look like
they have any online ordering but presumably they will despatch? Bath's a
little too far to justify the trip!

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:19:10 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:

"Terry Pinnell"

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining
stock of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

** AFAIK- even if you came across a stock it is illegal now for anyone
sell them to you.

Have a look for the high efficiency halogen bulbs that are made in the
same style as regular BC and ES 40 watt and 60 watt bulbs. Rated at
2000 hours and bit whiter light but rather more expensive.

Legally on sale all over Australia, but not sure about the UK.

Who is going to arrest you for selling incandescent bulbs? The bulb
police?

--
Live Fast Die Young, Leave A Pretty Corpse
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 28, 11:59*am, Meat Plow wrote:
On Thu, 28 Apr 2011 17:19:10 +1000, Phil Allison wrote:
"Terry Pinnell"

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining
stock of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

*** AFAIK- *even if you came across a stock it is illegal now for anyone
sell them to you.

Have a look for the high efficiency halogen bulbs that are made in the
same style as regular BC and ES 40 watt and 60 watt bulbs. *Rated at
2000 hours and bit whiter light but rather more expensive.

Legally on sale all over Australia, *but not sure about the UK.

Who is going to arrest you for selling incandescent bulbs? The bulb
police?

I remember when Detroiters would cross into Canada to buy 5 gallon
flush toilets. Good times.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Terry Pinnell wrote:

lid (Adrian Tuddenham) wrote:

Terry Pinnell wrote:

(Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/Eaccess.htm

Thanks Adrian. Phoned at 7pm but I see they're closed all day Thursdays
anyway. I'll try again on Saturday after the Wedding. Doesn't look like
they have any online ordering but presumably they will despatch? Bath's a
little too far to justify the trip!

He told me he intends to open the shop tomorrow (Friday).

I warned him that, if he had a website, people would expect him to do
mail order, but I don't know if he is ready for it yet.

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

They give you full brightness at switch on, unlike
compact fluorescents that take time to warm-up.

Yes, but...

The better CFLs are quite bright at turn-on -- bright enough that you don't
feel you bought a defective lamp.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Geoffrey S. Mendelson" wrote in
:

William Sommerwerck wrote:

It's amazing that, despite their generally poor color rendering,
tubular FLs have long been tolerated in kitchens and workspaces.

maybe color rendering isn't that important compared to seeing what you're
doing.The eye/brain manages to compensate,excpet under low light levels.

Besides,tungsten lighting(2700K or 3200K) isn't all that "color accurate"
itself. That's why color photo film came in tungsten variety,for better
color rendering for that color temp lighting. Even digital cameras have a
setting for color temp(my cheapo Polaroid does),not that people use them as
they should.

I can't quantify it, but I have a much brighter tubular floursecent
lamp over my head because of the color problems. It seems I need a lot
more light to read with them than an incadescent one.

Geoff.

you need color rendering accuracy to READ?

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 4/28/2011 8:48 AM spamtrap1888 spake thus:

wrote:

We're been through this before.

British CFLs must be of very poor quality, because you can get
excellent ones in the US. They come instantly -- faster than
incandescent -- and have good color balance.

None that I can buy. In my double fixtures I have one incandescent and
one CFL. Otherwise I have to wait every time I turn on a light.

Further, none of the bulbs I can buy are rated to work outdoors. I put
one in my porchlight anyway, and it wore out in less time than an
incandescent.

You're buying the wrong kind of CFLs, then.

All of the *newer* ones I have light almost instantly. Some older ones
have an annoying long startup time. But all of them last a looooong
time. Some of my CFLs are 8-9 years old and still working fine.

So where are you, anyhow?

--
The current state of literacy in our advanced civilization:

yo
wassup
nuttin
wan2 hang
where
here
l8tr
by

- from Usenet (what's *that*?)
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

4...
William Sommerwerck wrote:

It's amazing that, despite their generally poor color rendering,
tubular FLs have long been tolerated in kitchens and workspaces.

maybe color rendering isn't that important compared to seeing what you're
doing.The eye/brain manages to compensate,excpet under low light levels.

It _is_ important in photography, where color accuracy is of considerably
greater significance than "seeing what you're doing".

Besides, tungsten lighting (2700K or 3200K) isn't all that "color

accurate"
itself.

In this context, that's not really correct. Any continuous-spectrum lighting
source that's free of holes or peaks in its spectrum inherently has
"perfect" rendering. All it needs is a filter (or RGB gain adjustment) to
give correct rendering for any color temperature.

CFLs generally have discontinuous spectra, and vary widely in rendering
accuracy. The photographic CFLs in my Lowell ego lights are rated at 93%,
which is fairly good.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
[...]

Well. 'looking a bit funny' might be fine in your home, but it's not in
mine. Light fixtures are part of the decor, chosen as much for their
appearance, as for their lighting function, and I would like to still be
able to get the proper bulbs for them that their designers intended to go in
them. I don't want candle bulbs that are half as long again as the 'real'
thing and stick out of the shades, or convoluted spirals that look
ridiculous in open or glass shaded fixtures. I don't want to go to the local
store and be presented with 96 different bulb types, all vying with one
another to try to tell me what their equivalent power rating is. Even this
is shortly to be replaced over here with yet another piece of nonsense to
try to cover up the poor light output performance of them in comparison to
incandescent types, and that is to start rating them in "Lumens". But they
can't even agree on how that is actually measured, so a bulb with a lower
lumen figure could actually be subjectively brighter than a 'similar' one
with a higher quoted figure. 'Colour balance' is also a fairly meaningless
term. No matter how they mix the phosphors up on them to try to improve the
CRI, the spectrum never-the-less remains discontinuous in comparison to that
of an incandescent bulb. This is true no matter where they are sold or
manufactured. U.S. bought ones are no different in this respect to U.K.
bought ones. Contrary to what many Americans seem to think, the U.K. is not
a technically-backward banana republic.

Maybe you can't see anything wrong with them, and they suit your eyes, But
they are no good for me on both counts. I, and many others both here and
over there, *can* see their deficiencies, and don't like them. As indeed
prompted the OP to make his post ...

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

4...

William Sommerwerck wrote:

[...]

I don't know about 'colour rendering accuracy', Jim, but I too find it
extremely difficult to read under CFLs as opposed to incandescent light
sources. I imagine that it is just some characteristic that my eyes have
developed as I've gotten older, and my sight overall, has declined compared
to when I was young. Perhaps I am in a minority of people that suffer in
this way, but trust me, it is very real. Oddly enough though, I have no
trouble at all reading or working under linear flourescent light,
irrespective of the quoted colour composition (eg warm white, daylight etc)
of said tubes.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Adrian Tuddenham" wrote in message
valid.invalid...
Terry Pinnell wrote:

(Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining
stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

http://www.wrightshardware.co.uk/Eaccess.htm

--
~ Adrian Tuddenham ~
www.poppyrecords.co.uk

Nice one, Ade. Duly placed in my Favourites folder ... :-)

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"M.Joshi" wrote in message

;2636067'](Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc

http://tinyurl.com/68nocgh

They give you full brightness at switch on unlike compact fluorescents
that take time to warm-up.

--
M.Joshi

The originals of these were very good - when they used a pearlised outer
envelope. But note the picture in your link shows a clear enveloped capsule
bulb in a clear outer envelope. Unfortunately, this leads to them producing
a 'harsh' light with sharp shadows. Which is precisely why pearlisation of
the envelope of incandescent bulbs, was introduced in the first place. I
have wall lights in my lounge, which use R50 reflectors. They shine up onto
the ceiling, and used to produce a nice diffuse light from the pearl-fronted
bulb envelope. But now, they are only available with a clear-fronted
envelope, and the consequence of this is that the blue glass shade which
used to glow nice and evenly, now has light and dark stripes in it, and the
light that falls on the ceiling, is an image of the filament. I also have a
four lamp fixture here in the computer room, which uses the same bulb type.
The room used to be nice and bright all over. Now, with clear fronted bulbs
fitted, it doesn't matter where you point each individual spot-lamp, the
room is a sea of shadows and pools of light. Gawd, how I hate all this
eco-bollox nonsense ... :-(

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"William Sommerwerck" wrote in message
They give you full brightness at switch on, unlike
compact fluorescents that take time to warm-up.

Yes, but...

The better CFLs are quite bright at turn-on -- bright enough that you
don't
feel you bought a defective lamp.

The operative word being "quite". I thought you said that your Home Despot
types came on quicker than an incandescent. Certainly doesn't sound that way
from that description ... And as far as I'm concerned, any incandescent
replacement technology lamp that does not produce the *full* light output
within a few mS of switch on, or is ambient temperature dependant for its
performance, *is* a defective lamp.

Arfa

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

'Colour balance' is also a fairly meaningless
term. No matter how they mix the phosphors up on them to try to improve

the
CRI, the spectrum never-the-less remains discontinuous in comparison to

that
of an incandescent bulb. This is true no matter where they are sold or
manufactured.

True. But the subjective balance is excellent. The Home Depot bulbs are good
enough for color photography.

Maybe you can't see anything wrong with them, and they suit your eyes, But
they are no good for me on both counts. I, and many others both here and
over there, *can* see their deficiencies, and don't like them. As indeed
prompted the OP to make his post ...

I've been involved in photography for over 40 years. If the better CFLs
weren't "good", I wouldn't use them.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

They give you full brightness at switch on, unlike
compact fluorescents that take time to warm-up.

Yes, but...

The better CFLs are quite bright at turn-on -- bright enough that you
don't feel you bought a defective lamp.

The operative word being "quite". I thought you said that your Home Despot
types came on quicker than an incandescent. Certainly doesn't sound that

way
from that description ... And as far as I'm concerned, any incandescent
replacement technology lamp that does not produce the *full* light output
within a few mS of switch on, or is ambient temperature dependant for its
performance, *is* a defective lamp.

The Home Depot lamps come on instantly at a level I'd judge to be around
60% -- maybe higher -- of full brightness. Full brightness takes another 30
seconds or so. This is a huge improvement over the bulbs from 15 years ago.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 28, 9:05*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
[...]

On one of our stairways, the ceiling light is two identical CFL's.
They come on instantly, at about 80% of full brightness, enought to
see where the top and bottome steps are, so it is not a safety
hazard. I woudl guess that they reach full brightness in 10 sec or
so, just about the time I have traversed the staircase. I have them
all over the house except in dimmable fixtures. I haven't been able
to stomach the cost of the dimmable lights, and we can still buy the
full range of incandescent lamps here in the USA.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Meat Plow"

** AFAIK- even if you came across a stock it is illegal now for anyone
to sell them to you.

Who is going to arrest you for selling incandescent bulbs? The bulb
police?

** Here, all that has to happen is someone report the shop keeper to the
relevant Energy Authority.

They would end up being fined for breaching the regulation called " MEPS" =
minimum energy performance standard in relation to selling non compliant
lamps.

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

The Home Depot lamps come on instantly at a level I'd judge to be around
60% -- maybe higher -- of full brightness. Full brightness takes another

30
seconds or so. This is a huge improvement over the bulbs from 15 years

ago.

On one of our stairways, the ceiling light is two identical CFL's.
They come on instantly, at about 80% of full brightness, enought to
see where the top and bottom steps are, so it is not a safety
hazard. I would guess that they reach full brightness in 10 sec or
so, just about the time I have traversed the staircase. I have them
all over the house except in dimmable fixtures. I haven't been able
to stomach the cost of the dimmable lights, and we can still buy the
full range of incandescent lamps here in the USA.

The Home Depot lights are X10-dimmable, though marked as not dimmable.

You need to use a wall-switch lamp controller. These do not interrogate the
lamp to see if the switch has been turned on or off, so you don't get
flickering when the lamp is off.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 28, 9:53*am, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
"Smitty Two" wrote in message

news
In article ,
*"William Sommerwerck" wrote:
British CFLs must be of very poor quality, because you can get
excellent ones in the US. They come instantly -- faster than
incandescent -- and have good color balance.

You buy CFLs that come on faster than an incandescent? Would
like to see a pic of the packaging so I know what to look for at HD.
I'm just a tad skeptical. Do you know the color temp?

I've been using Home Depot's store brand -- EcoSmart -- for several years..
Consumer Reports recently gave them a very high rating.

No color temp or rendering quality is specified. But the balance is on the
warm side. It's acceptable (in my opinion) for non-critical color
photography.

Probably warm / soft white; any other fluorescent is
horror movie lighting. If you don't have the color temp
spec, hold a lit, known temperature bulb next to it and
see if it looks redder, bluer, or the same.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Apr 28, 7:05*pm, "William Sommerwerck"
wrote:
[...]

Nothing I've seen on the market today equals the Panasonic CFLs of
years ago, either in time to full output or longevity.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Arfa Daily" wrote:

Maybe you can't see anything wrong with them, and they suit your eyes, But
they are no good for me on both counts. I, and many others both here and
over there, *can* see their deficiencies, and don't like them. As indeed
prompted the OP to make his post ...

Arfa: Agreed. My feelings exactly.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

M.Joshi wrote:

'Terry Pinnell[_3_ Wrote:
;2636067'](Re-posted from the lower traffic sci.electronics.misc
group.)

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining
stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK

Do you mean that your light fittings cannot accomodate the larger
compact fluorescent bulbs?

No, my gripes are more basic: I like instant light when I flick a switch
and I like bright light to work and read by. I also resent what seems to
be downright misleading statements by the manufacturers about 'equivalent'
ratings. I've never found one that warrants the claim.

If so, there are halogen bulbs available in the same form factor as the
old incandescent filament bulbs. These are classed as lower energy than
a standard incandescent and can be purchased from most supermarkets and
DIY stores. See the link below:

http://tinyurl.com/68nocgh

They give you full brightness at switch on unlike compact fluorescents
that take time to warm-up.

Thanks, I'll investigate and try a few, although from what I've read
up-thread it sounds as if I'll still favour the old filament types.

That link gave me a nice picture but can anyone recommend a specific 60W
and 100W UK supplier please?

--
Terry, East Grinstead, UK
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Terry Pinnell"
"Arfa Daily"

Maybe you can't see anything wrong with them, and they suit your eyes, But
they are no good for me on both counts. I, and many others both here and
over there, *can* see their deficiencies, and don't like them. As indeed
prompted the OP to make his post ...

Arfa: Agreed. My feelings exactly.

** Arfa has admitted to being colour blind.

So you are too - it seems.

Have trouble with 1% resistor codes do we???

12% of all males are colour blind - ie they fail one of the basic tests.

Only 1 or 2% of females are so afflicted - but THEY are the CARRIERS !

..... Phil

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"William Sommerwerck" wrote:

The Home Depot lamps come on instantly at a level I'd judge to be around
60% -- maybe higher -- of full brightness. Full brightness takes another 30
seconds or so.

That is some serious backpedaling from your earlier assertions. Thanks
for telling the truth this time around.

Lightbulb Filament Replacement keith Home Repair 0 September 15th 10 03:19 PM
HP CRT filament question dodger741 Electronics Repair 4 May 28th 08 12:35 AM
No more filament bulbs John UK diy 93 March 18th 07 06:39 PM
O.T. Making clear lamps into amber lamps NokNokMan Metalworking 14 October 12th 05 06:46 PM
Latest Projects - Mission Lamps and Country Style Clock WillR Woodworking 4 June 1st 05 01:44 PM