Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Old style filament lamps?

"Terry Pinnell"

Does anyone know where I can buy 'normal' filament lamp bulbs in the UK
please? I just cannot get on with the new economy type. My remaining stock
of 60W and 100W is dwindling rapidly.

** AFAIK- even if you came across a stock it is illegal now for anyone to
sell them to you.

Have a look for the high efficiency halogen bulbs that are made in the same
style as regular BC and ES 40 watt and 60 watt bulbs. Rated at 2000 hours
and bit whiter light but rather more expensive.

Legally on sale all over Australia, but not sure about the UK.

...... Phil