Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Where to buy thermal fuse?

I have a steam mop that has a bad thermal fuse

SFFUSE
SF188E
192 degree C
10A
250V

Frys and radio shack sell thermal fuse for $1 to $2, unfortunately they are
all lower temperature rated. I could mail order it, but it's silly to mail
order a $1 part and pay $5 shipping.

What other local stores are likely to carry thermal fuse?

The fuse is crimped to the other wires. Once I have the replacement, do I
have to crimp it, or can I solder it? I already have soldering iron but
don't have crimping tools.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

james wrote in message
I have a steam mop that has a bad thermal fuse

SFFUSE
SF188E
192 degree C
10A
250V

Frys and radio shack sell thermal fuse for $1 to $2, unfortunately they

are
all lower temperature rated. I could mail order it, but it's silly to mail
order a $1 part and pay $5 shipping.

What other local stores are likely to carry thermal fuse?

The fuse is crimped to the other wires. Once I have the replacement, do I
have to crimp it, or can I solder it? I already have soldering iron but
don't have crimping tools.

I have soldered thermal fuses before and lower temp than that, but you need
freezer spray on the bulge, leave the leads long with enough room for
heatsinking clamps/forceps or the like, in between bulge and solder point.
For 10 amps you need a reliable crimping system

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
"james" wrote:

I have a steam mop that has a bad thermal fuse

SFFUSE
SF188E
192 degree C
10A
250V

Frys and radio shack sell thermal fuse for $1 to $2, unfortunately they are
all lower temperature rated.

Radio Shack 270-1321 is a 228C. If you can't find the right fuse, stick
in a bigger one, I say.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:57:12 -0700, "james" wrote:

I have a steam mop that has a bad thermal fuse

SFFUSE
SF188E
192 degree C
10A
250V

Frys and radio shack sell thermal fuse for $1 to $2, unfortunately they are
all lower temperature rated. I could mail order it, but it's silly to mail
order a $1 part and pay $5 shipping.

What other local stores are likely to carry thermal fuse?

The fuse is crimped to the other wires. Once I have the replacement, do I
have to crimp it, or can I solder it? I already have soldering iron but
don't have crimping tools.

Here you go. $.98 for quantity one.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=317-1139-ND

They only have 1330 in stock. Specify USPS First Class Mail for
shipping. It'll cost about $2.00 for shipping and will be in your
hands in two days.

PlainBill