Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default deepfryer thermal fuse

I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;the thermal
fuse is open.I can't read the markings on it.Can anyone suggest a suitable
replacement? I believe the fryer runs at around 350-400degF.
(there's a separate thermostat to control temp.)
it's rated at 1500 watts. The heating element ohms OK.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;the thermal
fuse is open.I can't read the markings on it.Can anyone suggest a suitable
replacement? I believe the fryer runs at around 350-400degF.
(there's a separate thermostat to control temp.)
it's rated at 1500 watts. The heating element ohms OK.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Assuming you are in USA try here
http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind... l%20fuse&sr=1

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Sep 23, 10:59*am, Jim Yanik wrote:
I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;the thermal
fuse is open.I can't read the markings on it.Can anyone suggest a suitable
replacement? I believe the fryer runs at around 350-400degF.
(there's a separate thermostat to control temp.)
it's rated at 1500 watts. The heating element ohms OK.

Here's a link to a Presto webpage where you can order a free
instruction manual. Maybe it has a parts list.

Jerry
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Jim Yanik wrote in message
I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;the

thermal
fuse is open.I can't read the markings on it.Can anyone suggest a suitable
replacement? I believe the fryer runs at around 350-400degF.
(there's a separate thermostat to control temp.)
it's rated at 1500 watts. The heating element ohms OK.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

I've looked at the rupture point of fusible resistors before but not looked
at a failed thermal fuse.
Is it possible to place the remnants on a heated surface with temperature
monitoring and see when the conductor melts again ?
Failing that try low and gradually increase temp rating

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On 23 Sep 2008 17:59:37 GMT, Jim Yanik put finger
to keyboard and composed:

I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;the thermal
fuse is open.I can't read the markings on it.Can anyone suggest a suitable
replacement? I believe the fryer runs at around 350-400degF.
(there's a separate thermostat to control temp.)
it's rated at 1500 watts. The heating element ohms OK.

If the fryer has a US Patent number, then search for it here ...

http://www.uspto.gov/patft/index.html

.... or he

http://www.freepatentsonline.com/search.html

The latter requires free registration, but the documents are
conveniently provided as a single PDF file.

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;

Throw it out. Fried food is bad for you, and is available on every
streetcorner anyway. You don't need one at home.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave" wrote in news:vSyCk.1599$Pv5.1451@edtnps83:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;

Throw it out. Fried food is bad for you, and is available on every
streetcorner anyway. You don't need one at home.

I didn't ask for your dumb opinion.

Thus,you earn the "plonk". You waste people's time.(and oxygen)

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"N_Cook" wrote in
:

Jim Yanik wrote in message
[...]

it's a one-use thermal protection cutoff fuse,and I found it's specs and a
source for it. (240degC./15A@120VAC)

but thanks anyways!

turns out the bimetal oil-temperature regulator switch contacts stuck and
the cutoff did it's job.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Charlie" wrote in
:

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message
I have a Presto "Grandpappy" deep fryer that died the other day;the
thermal
fuse is open.I can't read the markings on it.Can anyone suggest a
suitable replacement? I believe the fryer runs at around 350-400degF.
(there's a separate thermostat to control temp.)
it's rated at 1500 watts. The heating element ohms OK.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
at
kua.net

Assuming you are in USA try here
http://www.radioshack.com/search/ind...ermal%20fuse&o
rigkw=thermal%20fuse&sr=1

thank you!

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Jim Yanik" wrote in message

I didn't ask for your dumb opinion.

Thus,you earn the "plonk". You waste people's time.(and oxygen)

--

Mr. Yanik:

Whereas you are undoubtedly correct about my potentially wasting your time,
if you put it in perspective I (potentially) wasted a tiny, one might even
say insignificant, portion of it. What I said is equally undoubtedly true,
and if by some bizarre twist of fate you hadn't heard the news about the
perils of deep-fried food, the time I wasted might pale in comparison to the
years I added to your life.

With absolutely no offense to you, I might suggest that you get a bit of a
thicker skin. This is, after all, usenet. There are many many many
moderated forums in which you might have asked your question... this is not
one of them.

I do periodically post useful information, but if you choose to blacklist me
over an innocuous, non-offensive posting, that is of course your decision to
make.

Buck up, old boy!

Dave

As an aside, what I stated was neither an opinion nor dumb. It was
statistically suported and factual.