Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] PlainBill47@yawho.com is offline

Default Where to buy thermal fuse?

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 23:57:12 -0700, "james" wrote:

I have a steam mop that has a bad thermal fuse

SFFUSE
SF188E
192 degree C
10A
250V

Frys and radio shack sell thermal fuse for $1 to $2, unfortunately they are
all lower temperature rated. I could mail order it, but it's silly to mail
order a $1 part and pay $5 shipping.

What other local stores are likely to carry thermal fuse?

The fuse is crimped to the other wires. Once I have the replacement, do I
have to crimp it, or can I solder it? I already have soldering iron but
don't have crimping tools.

Here you go. $.98 for quantity one.

http://search.digikey.com/scripts/Dk...me=317-1139-ND

They only have 1330 in stock. Specify USPS First Class Mail for
shipping. It'll cost about $2.00 for shipping and will be in your
hands in two days.

PlainBill