Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Peavey CS800S, slave amp 1997

Light weight as switch mode power supply. Not dared to power up yet but is
there any problem concerning the power supply with runnung one power amp
only, disconnecting the rails to the other amp, either for low power or high
power audio throughput. How and what is the function of the 2x3 inch board
on the casing bottom , between outlet section and ps, that presumably is a
power or overload monitor and runs 3 wires back to the ps. It has a Motorola
TO126 labelled 715 (MJE715 ?) and 2 x 400R and little else. What do the 3
wires do ? switch off both ps sections or one at a time?

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Still interested in any non loaded ps problems. Just realised I'd googled
for cs700s and nothing found .

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2010 08:22:47 +0100, "N_Cook" put
finger to keyboard and composed:

Light weight as switch mode power supply. Not dared to power up yet but is
there any problem concerning the power supply with runnung one power amp
only, disconnecting the rails to the other amp, either for low power or high
power audio throughput. How and what is the function of the 2x3 inch board
on the casing bottom , between outlet section and ps, that presumably is a
power or overload monitor and runs 3 wires back to the ps. It has a Motorola
TO126 labelled 715 (MJE715 ?) and 2 x 400R and little else. What do the 3
wires do ? switch off both ps sections or one at a time?

Peavey CS800S circuit diagram:
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=27208
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=20294
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download.php?fileid=38763

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Wed, 26 May 2010 08:35:58 +0100, N_Cook wrote:

Still interested in any non loaded ps problems. Just realised I'd
googled for cs700s and nothing found .

I liked the boat anchor CS800 of the 80's. Still have an 80s CS400 I used
for a bass guitar amp. Was stupid for Peavey to switch to an SMPS.