Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default DLP projector lamp.

Are their any other symptoms of an aging DLP lamp other than reduced
brightness and possibly colour temperature?

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Are their any other symptoms of an aging DLP lamp other than reduced
brightness and possibly colour temperature?

--
*Ah, I see the f**k-up fairy has visited us again

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Protection shut down is one.

I get DLP lamps from
http://www.soundandvisionav.co.uk/

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

Are their any other symptoms of an aging DLP lamp other than reduced
brightness and possibly colour temperature?

I've had a Mits 73" for four years now, the 1st bulb that went out seemed to
produce a "gassy" picture for about a day and half before failing
completely. The brightness was reduced (although not much) but there was
sort of a fog on bright colored objects.

The second bulb didn't do that but there was a hint something was going
wrong for a couple weeks, it tended to have a light strobe effect in the
background, very noticable when the set was first turned on.

The 3rd bulb didn't show any symptoms, just didn't work anymore.

If you have a Mits and are getting that halo effect (sort a ring around
bright colored object) it's probably the light engine. I've had that
replaced also.

Hasn't been the most reliable set by a long shot. Next failure besides the
lamp it's getting **** canned.

-bruce

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Bruce Esquibel wrote:
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[...]

Interesting. Mine is a Sagem 45" rear projector, and the symptoms are
ghosting on movement and a weird lack of detail especially on black and
white films. Faces especially. It's most noticeable on terrestrial digital.
HD from satellite seems much better. Trying the same STB into an LCD set
doesn't show these artifacts.
The actual lamp is over 5 years old - so doesn't owe me anything. But
being quite expensive don't want to change it if it's something else.

--
*See no evil, Hear no evil, Date no evil.

Dave Plowman
London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 11 May 2010 12:58:09 +0000, Bruce Esquibel wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[...]

I don't blame you for ****-canning that money-pit.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 11 May 2010 12:58:09 +0000 (UTC), Bruce Esquibel
wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

[...]

The 'halo effect' cause and cure has been well documented (including
pictures) on AVSforum.com. Curing it is not for the inept, but anyone
with basic mechanical skills, some alcohol, and q-tips can fix it.

PlainBill
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Meat Plow wrote:

I don't blame you for ****-canning that money-pit.

Honestly, I lucked out with the warranty.

The place we bought it from (abt electronics) had a deal with the extended
warranty I couldn't pass up, and I'm one to normally poo-poo those things.

For $199 we got a 4 year, parts/labor with one free lamp replacement. No
long waits with the service calls either, usually within 2-3 days.

No joke, except for the cabinet and hard drive (it has a built in DVR),
everything else has been replaced. Main chassis, light engine, some other
optical assembly. All no charge and no problems.

That ABT is great, Mits not so much, last tv I'd buy with their name on it.

-bruce

Video projector discharge lamp wattage? N_Cook Electronics Repair 7 May 12th 09 12:41 PM
DIY Projector Lamp doozer UK diy 40 May 13th 05 02:16 PM
Yamaha DPX1 projector lamp Leonard Caillouet Electronics Repair 1 May 2nd 05 10:12 PM
disable lamp in DLP projector Hans Christian Electronics Repair 12 March 25th 05 11:27 PM
Infocus LS110 Projector Lamp Needed Shoreline Electronics Electronics Repair 2 January 27th 04 07:40 PM