Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Philips FL1.10

This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after a
brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting down
due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after a
brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting down
due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

An Accountant.

--
Adrian C
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after a
brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting down
due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

--
*I don't have a license to kill, but I do have a learner's permit.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Have you checked the secondary side rectifiers?

Not uncommon on Philips gear!

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
ian field wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after
a brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting
down due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

Have you checked the secondary side rectifiers?

Not uncommon on Philips gear!

Will do. Was hoping there might be someone familiar with these and knew
the common faults.

--
*Pride is what we have. Vanity is what others have.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Will do. Was hoping there might be someone familiar with these and knew
the common faults.

Google immediately finds this (which might not be a help)...

http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/television/tvp/philipsfl1pt4.htm

Also look at

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/repair_tips.php?search_rt=FL1.10

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

ian field wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after
a brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting
down due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

Have you checked the secondary side rectifiers?

Not uncommon on Philips gear!

Will do. Was hoping there might be someone familiar with these and knew
the common faults.

The last Philips item I fixed was a DVD player, the secondary side rectifier
that failed was a 3A leaded part, but holes and screen print were present
for an alternative 2-pin TO220 rectifier - I had to guess the best course of
action.

I opted for a 3A rectifier with faster Trr than the original rather than a
higher current replacement - it didn't bounce.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Adrian C wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Will do. Was hoping there might be someone familiar with these and knew
the common faults.

Google immediately finds this (which might not be a help)...

http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/television/tvp/philipsfl1pt4.htm

Also look at

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/repair_tips.php?search_rt=FL1.10

Thanks - didn't find one of those on my search.
Starting from the info on the second one, found the LOP transistor fooked
- a BU 508 - and replaced it. It then came out of standby to the
accompaniment of sounds of arcing, smoke and smells. But not sure exactly
where from as I powered down immediately. But guess it needs expensive
replacements so probably scrap. Sad as it's the Matchline version in a
decent looking box.

--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Adrian C wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Will do. Was hoping there might be someone familiar with these and knew
the common faults.

Google immediately finds this (which might not be a help)...

http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/television/tvp/philipsfl1pt4.htm

Also look at

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/repair_tips.php?search_rt=FL1.10

Thanks - didn't find one of those on my search.
Starting from the info on the second one, found the LOP transistor fooked
- a BU 508 - and replaced it. It then came out of standby to the
accompaniment of sounds of arcing, smoke and smells. But not sure exactly
where from as I powered down immediately. But guess it needs expensive
replacements so probably scrap. Sad as it's the Matchline version in a
decent looking box.

Check whether it has a disc ceramic flyback tuning cap, they often crack and
usually fail S/C - but could be in the early stage of breaking down.

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Starting from the info on the second one, found the LOP transistor
fooked - a BU 508 - and replaced it. It then came out of standby to the
accompaniment of sounds of arcing, smoke and smells. But not sure
exactly where from as I powered down immediately. But guess it needs
expensive replacements so probably scrap. Sad as it's the Matchline
version in a decent looking box.

Just to follow up, found the plug/socket at the tube end for the scan
coils burnt out internally. Another tip from that site. Did a bodge repair
on that PCB and soldered the ribbons in direct - and it's working fine.
(I'd guess a 'proper' repair would mean a new tube. ;-))

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Sliced meat, otherwise no chance of making a sandwich ...

--
Adrian C

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

A bread slicer.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:53:03 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after a
brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting down
due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

Here are the circuit diagrams:

http://rapidshare.com/files/24184323...IS_FL_1.10.rar

http://rs738gc.rapidshare.com/files/...IS_FL_1.10.rar

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

"Franc Zabkar" wrote in message
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:53:03 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after a
brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting down
due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

Here are the circuit diagrams:

http://rapidshare.com/files/24184323...IS_FL_1.10.rar

http://rs738gc.rapidshare.com/files/...IS_FL_1.10.rar

- Franc Zabkar

Is the file available anywhere else?

Clicking the link seems to alternate between high number of people
downloading - try again in 2 minutes, or "you have to be a premium user to
download this file".

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Tue, 29 Dec 2009 17:46:51 -0000, "ian field"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

.. .

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...ps_FL1.10.html

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...ps_FL1.10.html
http://www.eserviceinfo.com/download...ps_FL1.10.html

- Franc Zabkar

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

In article ,
Franc Zabkar wrote:
On Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:53:03 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after a
brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting down
due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

Here are the circuit diagrams:

http://rapidshare.com/files/24184323...IS_FL_1.10.rar

http://rs738gc.rapidshare.com/files/...IS_FL_1.10.rar

- Franc Zabkar

Bit late since it's sorted but thanks. I already have the service manual
anyway. But what service manuals never give is the common faults - hence
the post.

--
*When you've seen one shopping centre you've seen a mall*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Philips IC SMPS "cold side controller" P/N 612771-1 ?????????????? Philips Dave Moore[_2_] Electronics Repair 2 September 22nd 07 05:49 AM
Problem connecting Philips TV to Philips Sound System via HDMI Uncle Dave Electronics Repair 4 November 8th 06 02:58 AM
What will you say with Service Manuals provided by Philips for Philips DVD and Recorders Myauk Electronics Repair 1 October 19th 06 01:53 PM
philips tv Jase Electronics Repair 2 February 1st 04 01:34 AM
NEVER BUY A PHILIPS TV Quentin Stephens Electronics Repair 19 January 8th 04 06:03 AM