Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Philips FL1.10

In article ,
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
Starting from the info on the second one, found the LOP transistor
fooked - a BU 508 - and replaced it. It then came out of standby to the
accompaniment of sounds of arcing, smoke and smells. But not sure
exactly where from as I powered down immediately. But guess it needs
expensive replacements so probably scrap. Sad as it's the Matchline
version in a decent looking box.

Just to follow up, found the plug/socket at the tube end for the scan
coils burnt out internally. Another tip from that site. Did a bodge repair
on that PCB and soldered the ribbons in direct - and it's working fine.
(I'd guess a 'proper' repair would mean a new tube. ;-))

--
*What was the best thing before sliced bread?

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.