Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Philips FL1.10

In article ,
Adrian C wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

Will do. Was hoping there might be someone familiar with these and knew
the common faults.

Google immediately finds this (which might not be a help)...

http://www.hamradio-badarc.co.uk/television/tvp/philipsfl1pt4.htm

Also look at

http://www.eserviceinfo.com/repair_tips.php?search_rt=FL1.10

Thanks - didn't find one of those on my search.
Starting from the info on the second one, found the LOP transistor fooked
- a BU 508 - and replaced it. It then came out of standby to the
accompaniment of sounds of arcing, smoke and smells. But not sure exactly
where from as I powered down immediately. But guess it needs expensive
replacements so probably scrap. Sad as it's the Matchline version in a
decent looking box.

--
*I got a sweater for Christmas. I really wanted a screamer or a moaner*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.