Posted to sci.electronics.repair
ian field[_2_] ian field[_2_] is offline

Default Philips FL1.10

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
In article ,
ian field wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
This Philips TV model FL1.10 goes to standby when switched on - after
a brief flash from the LED displays. I'm guessing the SMPS is shutting
down due to a fault elsewhere. Any likely cause?

Have you checked the secondary side rectifiers?

Not uncommon on Philips gear!

Will do. Was hoping there might be someone familiar with these and knew
the common faults.

The last Philips item I fixed was a DVD player, the secondary side rectifier
that failed was a 3A leaded part, but holes and screen print were present
for an alternative 2-pin TO220 rectifier - I had to guess the best course of
action.

I opted for a 3A rectifier with faster Trr than the original rather than a
higher current replacement - it didn't bounce.