Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default Philips IC SMPS "cold side controller" P/N 612771-1 ?????????????? Philips

My brothers PTV crashed and one of the SMPS
controller IC's appears to be bad.

The hot side controller IC P/N 612664-2 I have identified
as a Motorola MC34056

But I can't seem to find any info on the cold side controller
P/N 612771-1

Anyone know what the Motorola equivalent for this part
is? (or any other equivalent for that matter)

Or, I'd even settle for a tip on where I might be able to
acquire the original.

Damn. I wanted to post the Model number of the set, but
the durn paper I wrote it on seems to be hiding from me.
I guess that's what I get for cleaning up
and getting things organized around here )`:

Thanks
Dave Moore

Posted to sci.electronics.repair

On Fri, 21 Sep 2007 05:44:56 -0500, "Dave Moore"
put finger to keyboard and composed:

My brothers PTV crashed and one of the SMPS
controller IC's appears to be bad.

The hot side controller IC P/N 612664-2 I have identified
as a Motorola MC34056

That should be MC34065.

P/N 612664-2 crosses to an NTE1765, as does the MC34065:
http://www.nteinc.com/specs/1700to1799/pdf/nte1765.pdf

But I can't seem to find any info on the cold side controller
P/N 612771-1

FWIW, this URL claims that the IC is made by Motorola, not Philips,
and is equivalent to an SC78104P:
http://www.tv-forums.com/forum/TV_Eq...12771-1_P7816/

IIRC, the "SC" prefix denotes a special order. In any case, if the IC
is what I think it is, then it is probably mask ROMmed.

- Franc Zabkar
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

:
: My brothers PTV crashed and one of the SMPS
: controller IC's appears to be bad.
:
: The hot side controller IC P/N 612664-2 I have identified
: as a Motorola MC34056
:
: That should be MC34065.
:
: P/N 612664-2 crosses to an NTE1765, as does the MC34065:
: http://www.nteinc.com/specs/1700to1799/pdf/nte1765.pdf

Yeah, thanks for the correction.
The SER archive thanks you too :-)

:
: But I can't seem to find any info on the cold side controller
: P/N 612771-1
:
: FWIW, this URL claims that the IC is made by Motorola, not Philips,
: and is equivalent to an SC78104P:
: http://www.tv-forums.com/forum/TV_Eq...12771-1_P7816/

Yeah, I had already flagged that guys post and got nowhere with
that SC part number either.

No NTE cross and no datasheets found by Google

But Thanks anyway Franc.

Dave Moore

:
: IIRC, the "SC" prefix denotes a special order. In any case, if the IC
: is what I think it is, then it is probably mask ROMmed.
:
: - Franc Zabkar
: --
: Please remove one 'i' from my address when replying by email.