Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default TIVO TX20: NEBIE- Can you get Digital channels or just analog withantenna?

I am looking to buy this tivo tx20 (used). But want to make sure I
understand what it can do. I would like to record free tv shows from
my antenna to hard drive. I have been told that it can only record
in std deff. But my question is, does it have a atsc digital tuner,
which then converts it to std deff when recording, is this correct?
Now all the U.S. channels are digital only. I read this model has
free subscription, does that come through the air waves by means of
antenna?

Or is it more the case that this tivo has no tuner at all, so the only
tv you can get with it, is through the free subscription, and no
channels from local tv station (Buffalo and toronto).

Pardon my ignorance on the tivo, thanks for the help.