Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Michael Kennedy[_2_] Michael Kennedy[_2_] is offline

Default TIVO TX20: NEBIE- Can you get Digital channels or just analog with antenna?

"lbbss" wrote in message
How can I test the unit to see if it works. The girl selling it,
knows nothing about technical stuff. If she has cable or satellite
tv, can I connect it with it from the cable to the tivo, and from the
tivo to the tv both with a coax cable? What do I do after that, just
plug the power and see if a menu comes up. Then it likely is ok?
She said it work when her ex last used it, but selling it as is, feel
free to test it out. Any advise on how to do a bare minimum test?
Thanks.

Well I would plug it into a TV and see if it comes up... Then try playing a
dvd.. Then try recording something if you can hook it up to a video source
such as cable tv... More than likely if it comes up the DVR part is
working.. If it were me I'd just gamble the $30 if turns on and gives a
menu.